“Yummy Spot close to Templar Hotel”
Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #162 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very Very good thai food and nice people. Based on a recommendation from Templar Hotel Staff I ate here for a cheap n cheerful bite. Was not disappointed by anything

There are newer reviews for Khao San Road

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am finicky when it comes to thai food, but I did enjoy my meal at Khao San Road on a recent trip to Toronto. The spring rolls were very refreshing with the minced chicken and the rice paper was extra glutenous like I like it. I ordered the special pad thai and the chicken basil (pad gra prao) and orderd both extra spicy. I usually don't ever eat pad thai, but the noodles were cooked perfectly and not overly sweet as most thai places tend to do. I was disappointed that spicy green papaya salad was not on the menu as it too is a thai staple. I do recommend Khao San Road if you don't like the watered down version of basic thai fare. And if you like it spicy, they surely do not disappoint. The service was not so great, but I wasn't picky that day.

1  Thank Bey1021
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Be sure to try the fried squash appetizer - it is simply amazing. While it's hard to get a spot at this little hole-in-the-wall, it's worth the wait. They'll even let you order a few drinks while you stand in line. The food is tasty, and worth the wait!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food was great. I'm not a vegeterian, but was impressed by the veggie options.
About the wait - My boyfriend and I came in a bit early, around 6PM, and got seated immediatly, but I saw a huge line forming while we were eating, and heard people told that there is 40 minute wait and more. Frankly, I don't think the food is worth that amount of wait.
Perfect for an early dinner, avoid at rushhour.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

***** Sept 2012- Decided to visit on a Tues nite, 1hr wait --- so I caved in....
VERDICT;
1) Food ---Great tasting, Not many options, Portions can be a bit more, as it's nice when you can share...
2) Price--- A bit steep, guess of all the popularity this doesn't harm business
3) Ambiance -- Very noisy, very busy and not much relaxing, can't really have a conversation, but it's a bit more on the casual side and hustle and bustle.....
4) Overall -- I"m glad I discovered what the hypes about, but I believe in Toronto other restaurants does offer up and quite similiar eg. Golden Thai, Mengrai Thai......

1  Thank starblack