“Look no further for awesome thai food!”
Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #169 of 9,000 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I first came here with a friend when I was out visiting in the spring and the place was packed - which I expected as it was a Saturday night in downtown Toronto. This trip, my husband and I came here on a Monday night in mid-September, and it was no different - people were waiting outside to get in, the place was packed and the atmosphere was great.
Since it was just the two of us, we lucked out and were seated right away - it is small and crowded but it just adds to the experience and to be honest - once you taste the food, you realize why it's so busy!
We started with the deep-fried Garlic Tofu and fresh spring rolls, then we both had the Chef's Special Pad Thai - YUM!!
The staff were very busy but once you got their attention they were very happy to assist you.
Lots of fun, great place for friends to meet for dinner after work too.
We wish it was in Vancouver!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We had to wait about 45-50 minutes to get in but it definitely worth the wait. We had the rolls to start & I had the noodles and we shared the tapioca dessert. So tempted to lick the bowl. I'd recommend this restaurant anytime"

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food here is incredible. Period. Some of the best Thai in Toronto. It's so good that I endure the sometimes ill-tempered staff and still go. Waits for tables can be painfully long so recommend going off-hours only. The shrimp chips, pad thais and curries are to die for.

1  Thank cdntravllr
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great little restaurant. The best way I can describe the ambience of this place is cool-great music (which was played decently loud yet not obnoxious), bright colors, fun art and a youthful energetic vibe. I ordered the green curry- it was really good. Actually, all the dishes coming out of the kitchen looked great. I don't think you can order wrong at this place. The host was very accommodating and squeezed me in despite the other walk-ins waiting (a benefit to dining solo). When I left at about 9, there was a line out the door.

1  Thank cjc04
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Unbelievable Thai food, very good I would recommend anyone coming to town to make the trek.
Every dish that we sampled was great, you must get the soup.

1  Thank JohnHC