“The best Thai food in Toronto, hands down.”
Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #162 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place is amazing. Everything is delicious. The squash appetizer (Gra Bong) is really tasty and fun to share. It's also huge, you'll definitely ba sharing it, though if you wanted it all for yourself, no one would blame you. The Khao Soi is TO DIE FOR. The curry is just so delicious. That it has ruined all other Thai food for me is an understatement. Their wine pairings are okay and their beer is a little bland, but I'll give them points for sticking to Thai beer only. If you're thirsty, I'd say go for the Cha Nom Yen (Thai Iced Tea) as it's delicious. I've tried making several variations at home to replicate this awesomeness, but their combination of strong chai and creaminess is definitely the most flavourful.

Sometimes there's a line up and they don't take reservations, so just go and regardless of how long you're told the wait is, it's going to be a) shorter and b) totally worth it. I wish I could eat here several times a week. Additionally, the staff are really nice and the value's really good too.

The only bad thing I would even think to say about them is that I wish they were open on Sundays but I guess everyone needs a day off.

There are newer reviews for Khao San Road

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was a wonderful find in downtown Toronto! We sort of lucked up on it from a review we read and we were so happy! The food was just amazing. It was an extremely busy place and not so big, but the service was good and the food was so worth the wait. The fresh rolls were just exactly that...so fresh and tasty. We also had the special Pad Thai and the Masaman Curry both were excellent.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Love eating at Khao San Road. One of my favourite thai restaurants. I always order the pad thai (to be honest i cant really tell the difference between the street style or the Sam Roas style, Sam Roas might be a little sweeter i think, both taste great though) and the Khao Soi (like laksa). The cha nom yen (thai ice tea) is awesome too! Very milky. The squash fritters are great too!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Food was spectacular. One of the only places that can actually provide a REALLY spicy dish if requested. Each dish was unique, delicious and full of flavour. Absolutely the best thai food I have tried in Toronto and the atmoshere is a unique bonus - very hip and cool! The service is great! Really friendly and knowledgeable waiters who attend to any need! (slipping us a thai iced tea when the spiciness of the dish was too hot!) has become my go-to thai restaurant in toronto!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I love this place! Their meat dishes are delicious and fresh! I had their beef curry in broth with noodle and the meat was tender and juicy. Their Thai Iced Tea is refreshing and satisfies anyone's sweet tooth on a sunny summer's day if you're okay with the combination of black tea and condensed milk. The vegetarian dishes are very standard and nothing absolutely special.
Out of the places I have been to in Toronto for Thai cuisine, I love here the most since it's simple, provides great food quickly and has happy waiters. Definitely check it out if you're in the area.