“Delicious Thai food!!!!”

Neighborhood: Downtown West
miami beach
“Delicious Thai food!!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

IT's a hip place with loud techno/dance music. The food is amazing!!! and the staff is very friendly. It gets very crowded and I believe reservations are required for dinner.

Visited November 2011

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“good thai food, TERRIBLE, SLOW service”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I almost fainted from hunger waiting for my lunch @ Khao San Road today...that was how incredibly Slow their service is.

I went in with high hopes since it's been the top restaurant on Yelp's Hot List in Toronto for a few weeks now.
The decor is modern and cute and the restaurant was maybe half full on a Saturday around 1.20p.

After i was handed a menu (3 pieces of paper stapled together), i waited and waited...and manage to catch someone's eye to order a drink. He politely told me that he'd send someone to take my food order.

3 very hip and young servers were standing around chatting...and after a long time of awkwardly trying to get their attention, i managed to ask them if someone could take my order...at which time, the female server reluctantly said "ummm, ya, ok...". Like i committed an offence by speaking up.

I then proceeded to wait...get this now...45 mins for my ONE dish of Pad Kee Mao to arrive.
I counted 9 people in the kitchen (not all cooks, i'm sure...but still) and 4 servers out front.
With 13 people in the restaurant...and about as many dining there (srsly, there were maybe 20 people. definitely no more)...does it really take 45 mins at off-peak lunch period to get me a plate of good-but-not-45mins-good Fried Noodles?!

I noticed that every table had the same issues of waiting...and waiting...and waiting...they would bring a plate of noodles to a couple (who were not sharing the dish) and the other person would literally have to wait 15 mins until her green curry arrived. By which time, her companion had already finished his meal.

I get that Thai food is generally served family style...but not in US/Canada. And surely they should know this by now?

And i was actually able to time when people got their dishes because, frankly, there was nothing else to do besides trying to keep myself from falling off the chair from hunger pangs.

The Pad Kee Mao was decent; not clumpy like most fried noodles you get at a Thai restaurant. My Thai Ice Tea was good and the server was nice enough to give me more ice since i didn't like it too sweet...but i really hope they step it up in terms of logistics and service. I really wanted to give it a 4-5* but 45 mins for 1 dish of fried noodles...really turned me off.

• Visited March 2011
Toronto
“The best Thai food outside of Thailand...period!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Here's the short & sweet version folks: Started going to Koh San Rd about 3 months ago and vist the place regularly. I've been to Thailand twice for a total of over 2 months there and can tell you that their Pad Thai rivals the best of their motherland. If you want americanized, soul-less food, looks elsewhere. This is the real deal, 100% authentic taste and it's something you've gotta try. If you are going for lunch during the week, get there early (11:30 at the latest) of you'll be waiting as this spot has become very popular with the downtown work crowd. I recommend the street style pad thai. Staff are very friendly as well.

• Visited November 2011
Delray Beach, Florida
“Top Notch Thai Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We went with a group of 10 and all had great meals. While the menu is not extensive, it is high quality, authentic Thai cooking.

Visited November 2011
Calgary
“Really good Thai food in a bar like setting.”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I really enjoyed the Pad Thai and Egg Noodles. The hot & sour soup was a little too sweet.

Positives:
- Very flavorful Thai food
- Reasonably priced as most dishes were about $18 for reasonable portions
- Fun bar vibe

Negatives:
- Long line ups

Overall, I enjoyed my meal, had fun with friends and would go back soon.

• Visited November 2011