“Best Green Curry ... but, my ears are still ringing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #115 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Toronto, Canada
“Best Green Curry ... but, my ears are still ringing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

The food in this place is fantastic!!! Our group of six enjoyed four appetizers (generous portions) and 6 entrees (all different and all very tasty, generous portions, too). It is the best green curry chicken I've had in a long time!

I highly recommend reservations as the place is packed any time after five when the office crowds head there, there's also clubs and movie theaters nearby, so the line never dies down once it's started.

It is also a semi-basement with all hard surfaces and a 20-something crowd, yelling at each other instead of talking in a normal voice, laughing boisterously, and cell phones going off all over the place... So you've got to be able to handle the noise... no intimate dates, here, but good for a crowd.

Also note, the seating for the larger groups are elevated tables with backless bar stools to sit on... I am just too old to perch, but there we were, perching. I ended up standing for the last half hour because my butt and legs were aching so much from the unpadded stool. The food was worth my incredible physical discomfort.

Note that this place has lots of stairs and not accessible to anyone with a physical challenge.

• Visited May 2011