“Service and environment were good”
Review of Estiatorio VOLOS

Estiatorio VOLOS
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio VOLOS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Transit: VOLOS IS LOCATED AT 133 RICHMOND STREET W AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF YORK & RICHMOND. SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west). STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
Description: Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.For groups larger than 8 guests, please call (416) 861-1211.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I went to this restaurant for Toronto Summerlicious. The service and environment were good. I ordered my dinner from the Summerlicious menu which was fixed on 35 dollars. I had Seafood Barley Pilaf as my main course and my son had Braised Lamb Shank. The Scallop of my plate was just well done and tested good. But my son did not like his lamb much because he thought the meat was a little bit dry. By the way, Be careful! the Saganaki Cheese with Ouzo & Lemon was very salted.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Outstanding service, delicious food, great wine list, beautiful room. I really like this place. Our waiter was great. Had the roasted lamb shank and the meat fell off the bone. Absolutely delicious. Would definitely go back

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Volos is not for the weak wallet. The food is good and they have a decent wine list. The service was a little haphazard. He forgot our flaming cheese starter and I was glad that I reminded him. That is good. Tables are a bit close together so you hear others conversation. Background music was a constant bass rythym. A bit annoying.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food was great and service not so bad taking into consideration that it was busy. However, with tip it cost more than $250 for two of us

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times and will be coming back. It never disappoints and the food is refined and delicious. Except... This time I was there for the summerlicious menu. The first two courses were delicious as always. When we got to desert we opted for the lighter 'pressed yogurt with berries'. That was a mistake and a disappointment. Basically it was a lump of Greek yogurt you can buy in a store, a bit of honey on the yogurt and four small berries; half a strawberry, a raspberry and two blueberries. I understand that summerlicious will give you a limited menu and choices but this desert was a bit like an insult to the rest of the meal. Do eat at this restaurant but don't get this desert. Service is always great but they seem to be short stuffed and the bread came late.