“One of Toronto's Best” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Estiatorio VOLOS

Estiatorio VOLOS
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio VOLOS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Transit: VOLOS IS LOCATED AT 133 RICHMOND STREET W AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF YORK & RICHMOND. SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west). STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
Description: Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.For groups larger than 8 guests, please call (416) 861-1211.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“One of Toronto's Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently visited with some work friends following a personal recommendation and have to say we were not let down. Great service and a good selection of wines, one comment would be that I felt the wines were slightly overpriced. The food was fantastic and extremely well presented.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bbr92

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Absolutely remarkable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I were in Toronto for a few days in November and we were wanting a nice dining experience, so I researched some of the better local eateries and chose this one over the others. Estiatorio VOLOS was a bit pricey but we were aware of the extra cost and willing to pay it for exceptional food and service. We were both incredibly pleased with the choice and even over a month later we're still talking about it.

My husband has toured Greece extensively and loves Greek food, but I'm very picky and have a simpler palate so I was a bit nervous. I ordered the beef tenderloin cutlets and they were divine. He started with a Greek salad (which he swore to me was the best he'd ever had - he isn't a fan of the Canadian version of "Greek salad" so this was a relief to him) and his main was the farfalle salad. We both agreed that our food was perfect and absolutely worth the price.

The atmosphere was lovely and cozy. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I am not much of a wine drinker but the selection was broad and even I found a glass of white wine I liked. My husband was a big fan of the ouzo of which there was also quite a selection.

The entire experience was delightful and we would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an intimate date restaurant and/or fresh, delicious Greek food and drink.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jennifer M
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had our annual Christmas party here on December 19th -everyone completely enjoyed the food !I had the greek salad which was fresh and had RIPE tomatoes(not the those gross pink things ), the crab cakes and the grilled calamari--freshness is the hallmark here -service was ok but could have been a bit more attentive -only problem was the hour between the appetizers and the mains..but it was very busy ..a definite repeat.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Exceptional Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

In a big city spoiled by some of the best in international cuisine, it's a pleasant surprise to have expectations exceeded in every way.
When you think Greek food in Toronto, you don't often think "fine dining". You often first think of souvlaki on a pita from some non-descript smokey shack with a greasy old white haired pot-bellied Greek grandpa.
It was so nice to sit down in a beautifully designed proper restaurant catered to those who appreciate good food and excellent service. That's fine dining.
When the attentiveness and professionalism of the wait staff and bartenders is on par with the orgasmic tastiness of the artfully prepared food, you're golden.
And you know the food is good when your table is full of ridiculously delicious food yet you still lust after everyone else's plate that passes you by... Seducing your inner glutton with steamy aromas of fresh seafood, rich cheese, roasted garlic and all other good things from a proper Greek kitchen.
Our table tried everything from the Horiatiki salad (proper mediterranean salad sans lettuce) to Exohico (braised lamb, flaky phyllo - need I say more) to Baklava (just wow)...
Everything we ordered was delicious.
The staff epitomized what the service industry should stand for.
Fish is delivered daily.
The restaurant is completely pork free.
And the cherry on top - there's no souvlaki or gyros on the perfect little menu.
Brilliant.

• Visited December 2013
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Great Greek Food in the Great White North!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I highly recommend Estiatorio Volos. As a huge fan of Greek food (any Mediterranean food really), I was excited to try this restaurant and I was not disappointed. In a four day stay in Toronto I had dinner there twice. Staff was friendly, atmosphere was great and I can't say enough about the food. I recommend the fried zucchini or the fried goat cheese and honey for an appetizer and the moussaka I had for one of my meals was amazing. My only complaint was that I wish they offered small plates for sampling because the appetizers looked so good, I wanted to try them all! Definitely a must try if you are in Toronto.

Visited November 2013