“Amazing food”
Review of Estiatorio VOLOS

Estiatorio VOLOS
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio VOLOS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 8,506 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Transit: VOLOS IS LOCATED AT 133 RICHMOND STREET W AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF YORK & RICHMOND. SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west). STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
Description: Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.For groups larger than 8 guests, please call (416) 861-1211.
San Diego, California, United States
“Amazing food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant is upper class and just amazing. Small portions but so worth it. Walking distance from where we were staying

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Greenbrae, California
“delish grilled octopus!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a wonderful shared plate of grilled octopus with hummus plus watermelon/feta salad. Octopus was the best I've ever had! Location very convenient from the Sheraton Toronto and service very good. Would highly recommend!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gail S
montreal, quebec , canada
“Boring food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is not fine dining. We had the octopus, the greek salad and the fried zuchinni. Nothing was very good and the zuchinni was not crispy. I would never eat there again.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lindadg
Montreal
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wow what an amazing meal. This place was just around the block from the Sheraton. We had the $20 Summerlicious lunch. Unbelievable bargain. I started with Dolmades (Grape Leaves, Metaxa-soaked Golden Raisins, Pine Nuts, Arborio Rice & Tzatziki) and then had the Exohico (Phyllo Pastry, Braised Lamb, Vegetables, Feta & Kefalotyri Cheeses with Lamb Jus). My wife had the soup (Chicken, Lemon, Egg, Dill & Orzo) and the Salmon. Simply delicious food. Beautiful atmosphere and great service. Will return on our next visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank petrellad
East Lansing, MIchigan
“Excellent Greek dinner!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Have eaten here three times, twice last summer and once about a week ago. Definitely on my "to-do" list when I visit Toronto!

The restaurant is close to the lakefront near the Theatre/Financial district, and seems to attract a younger/upscale dinner crowd with a few assorted tourists. Ambiance is modern, light, Mediterranean, cool but not austere. Went there with three friends during Toronto summerliciuos (prix fixe selection menus), two of us ordered from that and two of us ordered a la carte. I had the spetzofai (roasted lamb sausage/bell peppers/oregano tomato sauce), which was good but spicy (I am not a spicy food person). A friend had the dolmades and said they were excellent.

For my main course I ordered the Seafood Kleftiko, which was Greek spinach seafood pie. It was excellent, the mixture of textures/flavors (salmon/whitefish/spinach/phyllo pastry) made for a flavorful dinner that was solid but not overly filling. Another friend ordered the black sesame wild pacific salmon and said it was the best fish he'd ever had. On previous occasions I've also ordered the beef moussaka and the exohico, I'd particularly recommend the beef moussaka. Either the Greek yogurt with figs or the chocolate mousse are good bets for dessert.

The wine list is mostly Greek vintages, which I'm not overly familiar with, so requested assistance from the sommelier. He recommend a white, the 2012 Assyrtiko Thallassitis, for $66/bottle, which is mid-range for their menu. We ordered one bottle before dinner and one bottle during. I am not usually a white wine drinker, but this was an excellent pairing with the fish and perfect for a hot evening. I am always impressed when a good bottle that is not the most expensive/high end is recommended, as on more than one occasion (at other restaurants) when I've asked for a recommendation the server has simply tried to steer me towards the most expensive bottle.

Price including tip/tax/wine was a little more than $100/person, which I think is a good value given the wine and quality of the food. I do not usually have the opportunity to eat good Greek food--there are few Greek restaurants are in the area in which I live--so this was a nice treat which I look forward to repeating!

• Visited July 2013