“fabulous sea bass”
Review of Estiatorio VOLOS

Estiatorio VOLOS
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio VOLOS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Transit: VOLOS IS LOCATED AT 133 RICHMOND STREET W AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF YORK & RICHMOND. SUBWAY: Osgoode Station (Volos is 1 block south & 1 block east) and Queen Station (Volos is 1 block south & 2 blocks west). STREETCAR: Exit at York Street from either Queen Street (Volos is 1 block south) or King Street (Volos is 2 blocks north)
Description: Fresh, healthy flavours and emphasis on beautiful presentation please both the appetite and eyes at Volos. Modern twists on traditional Greek dishes and Greek twists on local Canadian ingredients create a contemporary culinary experience rooted in authenticity. The restaurant sources the highest quality local produce, superior quality cuts of meat and the best fish, delivered daily. Like the menu, the interior plays with different Greek elements and motifs. Natural wood and stone combined with artful and ambient lighting lend a seductive and comfortable atmosphere.We invite you to enjoy the Volos experience.For groups larger than 8 guests, please call (416) 861-1211.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Grilled sea bass and a glass of moschfilero. A great way to finish a hard day's work in Toronto. Interesting selection of Greek wines, with some by-the-glass. It's very busy - reservations recommended. I would definitely return for the grilled fish.

1  Thank oenophil
There are newer reviews for Estiatorio VOLOS

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Volos in mid-January 2013. I am very impressed: excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere, and tasteful decor. Wines are too expensive though but that's typical for Toronto restaurants anyway.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Estiatorio Volos for Winterlicious and were delighted with the experience. We were seated promptly at a great table overlooking the open kitchen area. The decor is welcoming, warm and comfortable. As the food focus is Greek, there was of course saganaki on offer, flamed at the table. So much fun to watch the waiters entertain the patrons! We ordered from the Winterlicious menu and were satisfied with the the variety of even the special menu offerings. The highlights for us were the calamari - smoky and tender - and the lamb shank, which was perfectly seasoned. I'm sure we will return to this restaurant.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Going in you should know that the menu does not offer traditional Greek foods - the only true Greek meal I saw was the moussaka. At best you could say its greek inspired. We went for winterlicious and couldn't understand why this place was rated so highly. The atmosphere is great, decor phenomenal, service great but food didn't meat out expectations. We got the shrimp saganaki - 3 pieces of medium sized shrimp and we couldnt find the cheese in the dish. Flavor was good. We also got the calamari - I liked this. I got the Cornish hen which was OK. Didn't have much flavor but was cooked just right (my hubby's was a bit dry though). The feta mashed potatoes felt like it was out of an old box - and while we could see the feta, it had no taste.
Overall, the experience was great but food not so much.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very nice restaurant Close to the Sheraton Centre, don't miss the grilled Calamari! Went with my family and we orderd several apps, two entrees to share. It was the perfect amount of food and made for a great evening. The Pressed Yogurt desert was a great surprise.