“Go Hungry!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rodeo Brazilian Steakhouse Rodizio
Ranked #250 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East End
Description: First and authentic Brazilian steakhouse in Toronto. Located on the Danforth in a building as old as the Brazilian rodizio tradition. Rodeo offers a truly authentic and unique dining experience. This exciting alternative to the traditional restaurant menu allows you to eat as much as you like for a fixed price! Featuring a variety of salads and appetizers, a great selection of seafood and delicious BBQ, there is something for everyone! Enjoy a fabulous line-up of live entertainment featuring Brazilian shows every Friday and Saturday night.
“Go Hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

For great food & entertainment definitely go on a Friday or Saturday evening. The band is fabulous and the samba dancers are great.

Now to the food...you definitely want to save your appetite for your meal. The salad bar offers so much more than just salad. You'll get mussels, paella, cheese....it goes on and on. It's tempting to fill up on everything you see, but don't! If you do, you won't enjoy the rodizio meats that come around. The meat is cooked to perfection; and the picanhia is to die for! Make sure you ask for it.

The staff is great and do everything to make sure you enjoy your experience.

A definite "must" if you're looking for a fun night out.

• Visited August 2012

Geneva, Switzerland
“Summerlicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We tried this for the first time during 2012 Summerlicious. We were very surprised by the variety and quality of the buffet. The meat and pineapple desert were amazing. The staff, although very busy, took time to explain the way the BBQ service worked and were very attentive and friendly. We are going back again this fall.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Wow!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Amazing!! we went there and were impressed!
We booked this restaurant for Summerlicious at $35 per person which included the buffet, all the meat you could eat and roasted pineapple for dessert (wow). Same principal as Bubba Gump restaurants - as long as your coaster is turned green side up, the servers will be bringing meat to your table. The food, the service, although it is a little pricey, it is definitely worth it. everybody at the table were planning the next time we will go. Nice atmosphere, although the music was a little too loud which made conversation somewhat difficult.

“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked this restaurant for Summerlicious at $35 per person which included the buffet, all the meat you could eat and roasted pineapple for dessert.

It was good although I wouldn't say the meat was spectacular. They under poured the wine but the waiter noticed and came to the table to top it up to the proper level.

Also, they refused to take our Amex which annoyed us somewhat.

This restaurant is probably best enjoyed when they have the entertainment going on (which I believe is Saturday).

Toronto, Canada
“WARNING - Bait and Switch Summerlicious Scam!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I should start by saying the only redeeming factor for this restaurant was all the staff were quite friendly and manager's sort of overly friendly. I found out quickly why.

A group of 4 of us went to Rodeo on Friday July 13th for Summerlicious. I’ve had nothing but pleasant experiences at places like Canoe, North 44 and Trevor. I was disgusted by what I recognize as a clear bait and switch scam at Rodeo.

Check the City of Toronto's website for Rodeo Brazilian Steakhouse menu. "http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restaurants.nsf/Summerlicious/DBEECAE4DFE6323C85257A010055DBB0?OpenDocument" or my screenshot at http://i49.tinypic.com/jrfjp2.jpg

I circled “LAMB” in red to show that they did advertise Lamb as being included.

When we arrived on Friday July 13th 2012, the manager told us it would be $50 total for “lamb” skewers and “additional seating time”, Summerlicious apparently did not include lamb and had a seating limit. Nowhere did it indicate that lamb was an extra charge, and they were not upfront about the 1.5 hour seating limit. We ended up leaving well within the 1.5 hours so that’s not a major issue, what I am disgusted about is the hard upsell to the regular menu. They clearly advertised this special as coming with lamb, and we were being upsold very hard to get the $50 menu.

The manager, although friendly, made sure to remind our servers a number of times that we were on summerlicious, contributing to what I feel was a 2nd tier dining experience.

This is a clear bait and switch scam, and I hope you can warn the restaurant that this type of behavior is unethical and serious blow to the reputation of the restaurant and this program in general. I will absolutely ensure that I will never return to their establishment.

I’d understand if they “ran out” of lamb or something to that effect, however the first 15 minutes of our dining experience was the manager trying to upsell us to regular menu.

I hope the city can do something to ensure that this type of non-sense doesn’t ruin the reputation of the otherwise great Summerlicious / Winterlicious program. We do at least 6 *licious per year.

The only good thing I can say is the servers themselves are friendly, most are actually from Brazil or at least know enough about it to convince you of that.

They may think they have the upper hand with upselling people but I can assure you the $60 I dropped there with a drink will be the last time they see me.

Very very disappointing, and also very stingy on A/C, was hot as heck on Friday...

• 1 of 5 bubbles