“Amazing smokehouse!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barque Smokehouse

Barque Smokehouse
Ranked #180 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Serving refined BBQ and thoughtful hospitality in the heart of Roncesvalles Village since 2011.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing smokehouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Firstly, make sure you have a reservation! The restaurant was packed and no wonder. The food is absolutely amazing. Really the best smokehouse food I have ever had. We tried the dinner sampler for 2 and it was beyond delicious. I would definately go back. In fact, I have already made another reservation!

• Visited December 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Was better the first time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Just returned for the second time several months later. Enjoyed our first visit so why not return. In all not as good as last time, but had the added bonus of waiter attitude this time. First I resent being up sold on the wine. Second if you going to have a condescending manner, maybe you should be doing something else.
Food: had the $35 fixed sampler. Apps: nacho, not bad. Wings were tasty.
Salad was excellent. Main: chicken,undercooked and bland. Brisket was average. Ribs dry were very good other sauce ribs average. Dessert underwhelming afterthought.
Much better last visit. Would not run back. Trendy yes, but don't forget what got you there!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maxxmaxx44
“Awesome Smoked Meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

The restaurant is quite small but lots of ambience. We had a table for four on high chairs. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. We had the tasting sampler platter for two for each of us couples. The platter consisted of smoked meats (3 choices) plus (3 sides). We had the beef brisket, smoked back ribs and churrasco sausage with fries, squash and brussel sprouts and caesar salad. The sausage was too salty, however, the beef brisket and smoked baby back ribs were excellent! All this downed with a bottle of Argentinian Malbec!

Would definitely return back to this restaurant which is a gem in the heart of Roncesvalles!

• Visited November 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Smoky Goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We tried the fixed price meal for four ($35 per person), which included appetizers (that night it was fried green tomatoes with 2 kinds of smoked meat - lamb and wings done two different ways), entree (BBQ ribs, brisket, and chicken, creamy barley pilaf, celeriac / fennel medley) served family style, and dessert (the cake had tarragon in the icing!). We thoroughly enjoyed ALL aspects of the meal... from the creatively put together flavours to the casual, very friendly service, to the box of leftovers we left with... we are pretty big eaters, but there was SO much meat, we enjoyed it for a couple more days at home! It was a Friday night, and the place was packed, so the atmosphere was loud, but not rowdy... very happy looking people - both staff and customers!

• Visited October 2013
“Totally overated!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

When I booked a reservation by phone the server I spoke to was rude and I had to repeat myself 3 times over before she got my name right and reservation details (she actually laughed at mispronouncing my name and not hearing things properly). I'm a very easygoing person but this really struck a nerve in me. When we ordered, our food took almost 45 minutes before it arrived. WARNING: service here is terribly slow! We ordered the platter for two. The smoked chicken was excellent but everything else was just OK. The side of veggies was limp and very small. The corn salad was very spicy and overly saucy (which I know may sound odd since it seems fitting to have BBQ sauce at a smokehouse) but I felt it didn't work. The brisket was rather dry and flavourless. Overall, I wouldn't return again. There are many better restaurants and you always find better BBQ food elsewhere in the city.

• Visited September 2013