“Charming small spot with excellent food”
Review of Delhi Bistro

Delhi Bistro
Ranked #1,168 of 8,895 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had walked by this place before and noted patrons in there even during off peak hours. This was a good sign so I checked Tripadvisor and found the reviews very favourable.

I made reservations another day and we were seated promptly. The restaurant was about a third full after the usual dinner hour. The restaurant is new, modern and clean looking. It is a small quaint place with white tablecloths and slightly dim lighting. It was a perfect setting and can be a romantic place for 2 or a place for families and friends. I would definitely recommend making reservations just in case especially at what may be busier times (Friday and Saturday dinner times).
Not knowing the portion sizes, we opted out of any appetizers. We ordered 2 entrees (a Lamb curry, a Lamb Roganjosh, a bowl of Mushroom and Peas Pulao/rice that was shared between the two of us and 2 orders of garlic naan/bread). It took about 50 minutes to receive our food. I didn't mind the wait as we were not in any rush and to me this is acceptable for fresh, good food. We sipped on different martinis that were delicious. Well the food was fantastic and the portion size was filling. I can't wait to try other offerings from the menu. It all sounded so nice and it was hard to decide on what to order. I/we will definitely be returning to try the other items. The server was attentive without being overbearing. He filled our water glasses when necessary, he inquired if we needed anything else and asked us how our food was. This now may be our favourite restaurant that we have tried in the Toronto area.

6  Thank AlanCarter

Reviewed September 7, 2012

As a frequent traveller to Delhi, Mumbai, and London I have sampled some very fine Indian cuisine. The Delhi Bistro is at the bottom of my street in Toronto and offers an excellent selection of foods from the main regions of India - including London! We dine in occasionally and find the atmosphere attractive and the servers pleasant and well-informed. More often we order for delivery and enjoy the great food at home. An excellent addition to dining for our Beach neighbours and visitors alike.

6  Thank TheCrowbait
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It took them to the year before we left Canada for good to open up 300m along the road - wish it had been sooner.

You go up Gerard St. to Little India - and every single one of them in our opinion is a total flop - and some leave cleanliness as an optional extra too.

The Naan breads - are great, the curries - such as the Balti and the Fish are sublime.

A tad pricey perhaps, but delicious. The lunchtime special at less than $10 - worth the early effort.

5  Thank IanCar
Reviewed April 30, 2012

food was tasteless, over priced, and naan bread was burnt and to top it all ; wait time was extremely long ( waited over 45 minutes for the food to arrive on the table)

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Finally a great Indian restaurant in The Beaches. It was slightly pricy but well worth the money. The curry -we ordered 3 types- were all excellent. They will make it as hot- or not- as you want.

11  Thank travelguy002