“Outstanding!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harbord Street
Transit: Bathurst Station is the closest subway station. Take the 511 streetcar south to Harbord and stroll 2 blocks west along Harbord Street to ici located at the corner of Harbord and Manning.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was an amazing treat, as not only was the food outstanding, but the service was wonderful. I had heard great things about this place from friends, and decided to try it out for a special occasion dinner. Our appetizer was a cheese platter, which was lovely, but it was the mains that stole the show. We had the lobster bisque, duck and fois gras. The fois gras in my opinion stole the show. Each main has a wine paring suggested by the chef which is a nice touch, as their wine list is quite extensive. But again as mentioned, the service was great. Our server was very informative and you can see she took a lot of pride in her job as she was very knowledgeable about the menu. Our favourite moment was when she overheard us celebrating a special occasion, decided to whip together and surprise our table with a dessert plate with the word "Congratulations!" on it in chocolate sauce. This made our night.

2  Thank Dannys744
There are newer reviews for Ici Bistro

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants we've been to in Toronto. Food is incredible and the service is equally so. Very small dining room so it has a unique and special feel to the place. It is pricey but you get what you pay for!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my first visit to Ici Bistro. I live in the neighbourhood but could never get a reservation that fit my schedule. The staff was very good at answering questions about the eclectic menu. The young lady who poured our wine had difficulty with dripping. A slight twist of the wrist is all it takes to avoid this.
For my dinner I had beautiful oyster to start. They were followed by the Duck Magret and Duck Confit Ravioli plate. It was nicely presented but lacking in flavour and interest. I guess I was expecting something more memorable for the cost of the plate. The Magret was nicely cooked but left the palate disappointed. The same could be said for the rest of the dish as well.

The Chocolate/Cherry Soufflé was extraordinary. I look forward to going back again to try another dish to see if I can have my palate amused . Maybe the chef was just a bit off the day I was there

Reviewed May 15, 2013

An excellent restaurant for a romantic meal. I've dined here twice and have thorough enjoyed both the food and experience.

It's a very small restaurant and so to guarantee a spot on the weekend you will have to book ahead.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A small, initmate setting, with wonderful service. The food is french - a classic menu that has been tweaked into the modern day - andeverything we had was perfectly prepared. Wine list is wonderful.