“Bon Appetit!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harbord Street
Transit: Bathurst Station is the closest subway station. Take the 511 streetcar south to Harbord and stroll 2 blocks west along Harbord Street to ici located at the corner of Harbord and Manning.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Bon Appetit!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. The staff was great and the cuisine was fabulous. I think they have really set up a great environment and have well prepared meals. It is a quaint little neighbourhood joint where we now frequently go!

“Cosy French dinner”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thanks to ICI for the lovely service en francais and the delightful french food. I am french myself and was very surprised to find such a high quality food in Toronto for a decent price if you consider the quantities and the taste of the food you get. I like the bistro style without chichi and even if i was put off first by the bar sitting they are actually super confi and very intimate plus you get a very nice view on the kitchen and company of the Chef if you are lucky!

1 Thank mo K
Toronto, Canada
“dont go - they lose reservations and then dont care”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

These guys didn't have my reservation when I showed up with my wife for her birthday. I showed them the cell phone logs top prove that they called me back a month earlier. THEY DIDNT CARE. They didn't set up a table that was small but we were willing to take. They wouldn't call anyone and move their reservation out 30 minutes to accommodate. This callous behaviour for something that is their fault was unreal. Nobody should take any chances with this place - very amateur and customer unfriendly.

2 Thank john b
Montreal, Canada
“Outstanding dinner”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had been trying to reserve a table for quite sometime and was lucky enough to get one.
I was joined by a very close friend and we were seated by the window. It did not bother me much but this would have been different if I had been with my companion.
As we both enjoy the same type of food, we decided to order different dishes and share them.
J.P Challet foie gras torchon amuse bouche was superb with our flute of champagne.
We started with a selection of croquettes (nice) followed by a steak tartare (au naturel) nicely done. We followed with a large portion of foie gras poele (crisp outside and perfectly cooked), then a great plate of scallops, king crab and lobster in a very tasty sauce Newburg) perfect with the Sanceree we had selected.
After a very nice trou normand, we ate the braised beef with bone marrow. Perfect, rich, suited to the Crozes Hermitage.
We end-up the feat with a Grand Marnier souffle. One of the best I ever had.
It was not cheap but worth the money. The service from the French lady was fantastic. Very attentive.
I will be back with my better half.

• Visited November 2012
“sublime”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

From our welcome at the door we were in a little bit of heaven. Terrific service. A table at the kitchen bar for two overlooking the kitchen. Friendly conversation with JP, the chef/owner. He was making souffles.

The food is ridiculously good. An amuse bouche of tuna was immediately served. Oysters were impeccable, served with a mignonette of shallots, the lobster bisque is the best I have ever had. A wonderful crispy shrimp accompanied the bisque.

For mains the foie gras was excellent.my wife is a foie gras afficionado and she was impressed. the lamb three ways is amazing. Two rib chops, a piece of saddle and a braised shoulder canneloni was unvbelievable.

The sommelier was very knowledgable . Her list inlcuded many Ontario wines that I had never heard of. Price a little high but realy not too bad.

This is a terrfic spot for a romantic dinner for two.

• Visited December 2012