“Food & drinks are very good. Service was lacking”

The OverDraught Irish Pub
Ranked #74 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The food and drinks here were quite good. Reccommend the Shepards Pie & the Irish Stew. Drinks were also very tasty. The service needs improvement. Waitresses were few and they seemed rattled at times. Ended up leaving cash on table because bill was not brought to us. .................................................................................................................

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good Sheppard’s Pie

We were hungry and thirsty after a long day of seeing sights or Toronto, (who would think that an 8 hour day of riding, subways, touring busses, walking and climbing stairs could make you hungry?) Near one of the stops we got off and asked one of our tour guide (who was from Ireland just months before) Where can we get great beer and Irish Food. He pointed to a place just up the block..."The OverDraught Irish Pub" a great suggestion...I go Sheppard’s Pie....wow it was good and I don't even like lamb-at least I have never had it this good...Friends got other enjoyable food fish n chips, Irish Poutine and beer...all on draft...this was enjoyable

Reviewed September 10, 2012

stayed at the intercontinental for a weekend of blue jays....had lunch first, excellent value for $10.....wrap was excellent and veggie burger quite big and tasty for lunch....service prompt and friendly....after the game, visited again with friends.....wings were quite big and good except for the bbq flavoured ones....watery tomato flavour but the other three flavours were tasty.....fine selection of single malt scotches.....nice atmosphere.....all in all a positive experience.....

Reviewed July 19, 2012

But that was the best I could say for them. There weren't many other patrons when I stopped in, but even though I sat at the bar, the service was pretty poor. I ordered bangers and mash, and the bartender said that was a good idea, but I wouldn't bother getting them again.

Kate_416TO, Manager at The OverDraught Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with us Bryan. We strive every day to serve great food and great beer at fair prices with exceptional service, and are sorry we didn't deliver.

We would love to discuss your experience in further detail. Please email me at Kate@JoeBadalis.com. We would also appreciate the opportunity to prove to you that we are, in fact, a great Irish pub. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kate Notwell
Community & Relationship Manager, Marketing

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Good staff, friendly people. If you're here on business and are staying by the Convention Centre this is a pretty good pub.