“Charming little cafe”

Neighborhood: North End
Mississauga
“Charming little cafe”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been to Jedds a dozen or more times since I heard he had brought frozen custard to Toronto.

Service has always been top-notch. Coffee is great. Baked goods have always been delicious. I had a tuna salad sandwich the last time I was there - it was to die for!

But, my main reason to go there.... the frozen custard.

Always available in vanilla (my favourite) and chocolate, there is also a daily rotation of the flavour of the day.

The frozen custard is simply to die for. Imagine ice cream... but much richer. Full in flavour. Very popular in the USA , and I wish it would catch on here.

• Visited August 2012

Mid Florida, Florida
“Nice neighborhood coffee and dessert place.”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went there to get better cappacino than the starbucks across the street and was not disappointed. It seems to have great frozen custard according to the locals but I did not try it. The desserts looked yummy, such as the fruit tart. I would recommend that they make a little more effort on the espresso coffee bar to be a clear cofffee leader in their area.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“When custard freezes over!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Jedd's Frozen Custard. Frozen custard is readily available throughout much of the United States, however, not so much in Canada. The rich velvety smoothness, so smooth it could be the Fonz, is irresistible! Jedd's custard is really a treat! You are definitely paying for it's quality, but you will not be disappointed! Located Yonge, north of Eglinton, it is uptown, not downtown. Anyone who could compare frozen custard to frozen yogurt is sadly mistaken, or has a terrible palette. The service I had was super! Friendly, quick to serve and offer free tastings of each custard, I could not complain in the least. To top it off, they gave me a free topping, sprinkles for my daughter. It is well appreciated. For something different than ice cream, but is like ice cream, frozen custard is an awesome alternative. You can see I enjoy frozen custard in some of my other reviews. Well I'll tell you, Jedd's Frozen Custard is tops in my books! Take the time to enjoy a Jedd's!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tdsuperstar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arrogant, pretentious and expensive”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The cafe looks promising from the street, but don't waste your time going inside. Frozen custard is a novel concept, but is overly sweet and indistinguishable from similar products (frozen yogurt anyone?). Regular food items are bland and overpriced. Owner is arrogant and more than a little creepy!

1 Thank Marcus1234567
Toronto
“Best Place for Coffee in Eglinton & Yonge”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This place has a charm of its own. Well located, the coffee is great and the owner is charming. The service is tops. Highly recommended for a break away to a cup of good coffee and a good sandwich or a frozen custard. The seating by the window inside or out is the best of all. The coffee does not leave a bitter taste as coffee does in other places. The sandwiches are done with the best baguette Toronto has to offer.

• Visited May 2011