“Funky atmosphere...Very flavourful food...”

Milagro Cantina Queen West
Ranked #712 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Tecumseth
Transit: Tecumseth stop on Queen West Street Car, walk half block west to 783 Queen St. on the south side of the street.
Description: Milagro, founded in 2006, is a traditional Mexican Cantina inspired in the golden era eateries of Mexico City. We offer classic Mexican cuisine & regional beverages in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy a great variety of Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas & classic mixed cocktails, as well as a select list of wines from Mexico, the Americas & Spain . We are open daily dinner and serve traditional Mexican brunch Friday - Sunday until 4:30pm. Milagro is located at 783 Queen Street West West Queen West strip between Niagara St. and Tecumseh St. Visítanos pronto!
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I give Milagro top marks because the food was very fresh. We sat by the front window, which opens like a garage door, so the entire wall was open. I love the feel of this place, which is very funky. I like the "hole in the wall" feel of this restaurant. The guacamole was the best I've ever eaten. Highly recommend it! My pepito was excellent.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So a 4 out of 5 is pretty good in my books.

I visited Milagro on Queen for the first time this past weekend for a friend’s Birthday Party. This Mexican decorated restaurant is tucked away on Queen Street. The venue was pretty cool, had 3 floors and definitely gives the intimate feel.

Since are group was fairly large (22 people) we had set menu for food and appetizers. We started off with guacamole and chips. Awesome! Typically with guacamole and chips most of your time is spent scooping just the right amount of guacamole, so that you don’t have lots of chips left over. It was the complete opposite here. We had two rounds of chips and no one was skimping out on the guacamole scoops.

For the main we were given 4 types of soft tacos; Fish, Pork, Rib-Eye & Vegetarian. I listed them in order of deliciousness. The fish and pork were very good and the best in my opinion.

This is a great place for drinks with friends, a date or an evening out with family.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I ate dinner here last week for my mother's birthday. We were a group of 7 ages 20 to 50. I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant; dim lighting, good music, modern Mexican hipster type of deco. I didn't like how cold it was inside, most of us had to throw our jackets over our shoulders while we ate. They also let people smoke on the terrace out back on the second floor, which would be totally fine IF there weren't tables right beside the sliding door during the winter. I asked a staff member if they could please tell them to go outside downstairs where there weren't any tables around, and after giving me some attitude, the waitress agreed she would let the party of smokers know. I understand that you have large windows in your restaurant and it doesn't help that it's -15 outside, but seriously, turn the heat up! We ordered a salsa/bean/guacamole dip for the appetizer and it was delicious. All three dips were very yummy, we devoured everything. I brought my family here because I read that they serve some of the best fish tacos in town, but I was pretty disappointed. My fish tacos were okay, nothing special, a little flavorless to be honest. We didn't bother with desert because we were all so cold. The best part of the night was the appetizer. If you're looking for good fish tacos there are much better places, like Playa Cabana, Grand Electric, and Oyster Boy. Milagro left me wanting more, I didn't get the fish taco fix I was looking for.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Used to eat there often, but lately they have gone downhill. The waiter staff is smug and acts like they can pull a fast one on you. Drinks are more ice than anything else, prices are up and food quality is down. There was 2 tiny pieces of steak in my Alambre, when I mentioned this to the waiter, he said that is how its always been. Terrible waste of money, never going back there again, it used be our go to mexican place.

Diego H, Public Relations Manager at Milagro Cantina Queen West, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about Milagro. We take our customer feedback very seriously and it concerns me to hear you did not enjoy your visit to Milagro. Please feel free to contact me directly at diego@milagrorestaurant.com; I would like to hear more about your experience and address your complaints.

¡Muchas Gracias!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good Mexican food, not just your typical burritos and tacos. We sat in the upstairs patio,which had a great atmosphere. The people who worked there were really nice and friendly - they were just a bit casual about things, which meant we had to wait for everything, wait to order, wait to get water, wait to get our check. Good food, but certainly not for someone in a hurry.