“great starters but main meal was terrible”
Review of Milagro

Milagro
Reserve with OpenTable
Milagro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #808 of 8,477 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: North End
Transit: Yone university subway line, get off on Lawrence Station, walk north on east side of Yonge Street.
Description: Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others.
Toronto, Canada
“great starters but main meal was terrible”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had trouble deciding what to rate this restaurant (poor or average). I decided to rate it "average" because the drinks & appetizers were so good so that taken together with the bad main meals, the whole experience was an average one. What started off with a great food and drink ended up being ruined by the main meal. We really loved the margaritas especially the tamarind one. We also really enjoyed our starter of the mixed seafood ceviche called "Vuelve a la Vida". There was lots of seafood marinated in just the perfect amount of lime juice. Then came our main meals. I had the "mole poblano" which was chicken covered in their homemade mole sauce. It was so bad that I though maybe I was too full from the appetizers & decided to take it home to eat later. It was just as bad when I tried it again. The sauce was very bitter & had a burnt flavour. My husband's "burrito adobado" which was filled with seared rib-eye & bacon was edible but not very tasty. What promised to be a great dining experience ended up being very dissappointing!!

Visited January 2013

“Interesting Experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I bought an online deal that covered appetitzers, dinner for two and tequila. Upon arrival to the restaurant on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was quite busy. Although, we had a 7pm reservation we had to wait 15 -20 minutes to be seated. The restaurant had interesting Mexican decor, music provided a lively vibe meaning you would need to raise your voice to be heard. The staff were pleasant and service was good. My husband ordered the Vulva a la Vida (Shrimp, crab, octopus with lime and cilantro Ceviche - regular price $11.95), Barbacoa (roasted lamb in banana leaf - $19.95). I had the Tostada de Mariscos (mixed seafood & guacomole on crispy tortillas - $10.95) and the Pollo Poblano (Grilled chicken with poblano cream - $16.95). My husband didn't feel the dishes were anything special, albit tasty. The portion sizes were good and most dishes were flavourful, however, it seemed a bit expensive for what the dishes consisted of. If we were to pay regular price we may not frequent this restaurant as often. As we did not know much about tequilas, our waitress helped us understand the differences and recommended a few for us. The restaurant had a nice variety of quality aged tequilas which was $15 + per glass. The tequilas were smooth and had a lovely flavour but a bit pricey for the small amount provided. Overall, it was a nice experience and perhaps we would return but on a less frequent basis due to overall value.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, a little pricey.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Really were excited to find a Mexican restaurant in our hood. Did find service was good and food, but value a little steep.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Decent food, bit expensive”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would rate this an an average to good mexican restaurant. Its located in the Yonge Lawrence neighborhood. The food is always OK, and the prices are comparable based on the neighborhood. If you are craving Mexican, i would not stear you away.

We had the dorados, tosdadas, and an enchilada.

Good margaritas !

• Visited August 2012
“We'll Never Return”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I don't like writing bad reviews, but my husband and I tried this restaurant back in January. It was terrible! The service was ok, but the food was very, very bad.

We ordered Fajitas, and it was so greasy it made me nauseous. Everything we ordered was covered in cheese. Not even good cheese, but cheep cheese that just oozed with grease. We both felt sick after we left, and agreed never to return or recommend!

• Visited January 2012