“Decent food, bit expensive”
Review of Milagro

Milagro
Ranked #626 of 8,851 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: North End
Transit: Yone university subway line, get off on Lawrence Station, walk north on east side of Yonge Street.
Description: Milagro is inspired in the golden era cantinas of Mexico. Our friendly staff offers classic food & refreshing beverages at reasonable prices in a warm, relaxed & easy going atmosphere. Milagro is colorful with an eclectic & somewhat funky style. Our dishes are abundant, flavourful & colourful; we use traditional recipes & techniques. At our cantina bar you can enjoy Tequilas, Mezcales, wine sangrias, margaritas, daiquiris & classic mixed cocktails. Milagro is Zagat rated & has been featured in Toronto Life, Now, Globe & Mail, El Pais (Spain), Toronto Star, Eye, Metro, 24hrs, Where, Women"s Post, North Toronto Post, Travel & Leisure & mano others.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would rate this an an average to good mexican restaurant. Its located in the Yonge Lawrence neighborhood. The food is always OK, and the prices are comparable based on the neighborhood. If you are craving Mexican, i would not stear you away.

We had the dorados, tosdadas, and an enchilada.

Good margaritas !

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I don't like writing bad reviews, but my husband and I tried this restaurant back in January. It was terrible! The service was ok, but the food was very, very bad.

We ordered Fajitas, and it was so greasy it made me nauseous. Everything we ordered was covered in cheese. Not even good cheese, but cheep cheese that just oozed with grease. We both felt sick after we left, and agreed never to return or recommend!

1  Thank Carolyne A
Reviewed August 11, 2012

if you like it hot, you will survive a meal at milagro and leave as a happy person... Don't take the kids, though! The place has nice & hip servers and a generally good clientele.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I wandered in randomly at 3pm as we had been running around doing errands and had missed lunch. They were very accomodating. We've been to Mexico many many times and know authentic Mexican fare. The food at Milagro was excellent overall. Very very fresh ingredients and a great balance of flavours. We shared 3 appetizers and all were winners. The guacamole is great. The octopus cerviche was fantastic - I see a previous reviewer felt that there wasn't enough octopus. That certainly wasn't my feeling. Outstanding flavours and a fair portion for what they are charging. My wife had the costena salad with mango, avocado and cucumber. She thought it was great, and so did I from the sample I wrestled from her. She had to leave for an appoinment in the area so I decided to stay there and wait for her. Started chatting with Arturo who ends up being the owner. He asks if I want a tequila. I explain I know wine and scotch, but not tequila. He then begins to explain the intricacies of tequila and pours me 3 samples, showing me the differences, etc. All this - no charge. I'm sorry, but to say this place has poor service, or is unfriendly, etc, was certainly not our experience. We will be back, no question.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had dinner at Milagro on Yonge on Saturday evening. Amongst the items we ordered was the octopus Ceviche. It hardly had any octopus, mainly just alot of shredded lettuce. Our entrees were bland and oily. All of this and the place is expensive, $120 for 2 people having 2 drinks each. This restaurant represents the abosulute worst value I have ever expeienced at a restaurant. I would suggest you avoid Milagro.

1  Thank rdennis1