“Ken was friendly and helpful!”

Ginko Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginko Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #562 of 8,643 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: Dixon Rd. & Hwy 27
Description: Owner Shigeo Kimura founded Ginko Japanese restaurant in 1982. Over the past 25 years Ginko has evolved to bring the finest Japan has to offer the Toronto area. The name Ginko is derived from the word "Gingko" an ancient oriental tree. The tree flourishes in season to produce a yellow fruit and unique, fan-shaped leaves, which turn a beautiful golden color in the fall. Held in high esteem by the Japanese as a symbol of prosperity, the "Gingko" tree only begins to grow it"s golden seeds on it's 20th year of maturity. The journey of the "Gingko" tree and Ginko are one in the same, a continual evolution of expression of nutritious, healthy and tasty food. Located inside DoubleTree Hotel near the airport, our staff strives to bring you, our guest, a traditional and modern Japanese cuisine that is sure to enlighten all taste buds.
Windsor Ontario
“Ken was friendly and helpful!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ordered sushi and steak and salmon hibachi. All was excellent. At the suggetion from Ken our teppan chef, one of us had the salmon and it was VERY good. The sirloin tip steak was also very good and tender. It was a very busy night and "Ken" was the only chef on and as such could not spend time at his tables to offer a "show", not his fault, he still did a good job for us.

Visited March 2013

Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

For a hotel having a full sushi restaurant, this place ranks at the top. The salmon was very good and so was the Miso soup. The pricing is very reasonable and would recommend this to all.

• Visited February 2013
Canada
“Good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate at teh Ginko Japanese restaurant this December. We ordered lamb, tempura, and tofu. They were good. The lamb chops were lean, delicious, and tender. Tempura was good, too. Service was good and pricese were reasonable.

Visited December 2012
Newmarket, Canada
“Very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I am not a Japanese cuisine aficionado but I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience here. I've attended conferences and stayed at this hotel a number of times but never eaten at Ginko. To be honest, I always assumed, because of the location, that it would be far too pricey for my budget. I was very pleasantly surprised that the menu is not as expensive as expected and I found the menu offered fantastic food at very reasonable prices.

The service was excellent. Our server was very attentive without hovering or being intrusive.

Overall, I enjoyed the meal and look forward to dining here again.

Clarence, New York
“Nice balance of tradition and fusion!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

In the area that I am from (NY) most Japanese restaurants are run and served by Chinese folks (makes as much sense as asking Native Americans to stand in at a Mexican Restaurant, but I digress) .

Not so here; very authentic, and very relaxing - even down to a coy pond in the front entranceway!

My wife and I enjoy Sushi and Sushimi, and the quality and cut of the Ahi/Yellowfin Tuna was fantastic. Truly excellent sushi does not smell and/or taste "fishy" - if it does, the fish is either a lesser product, not fresh, or both; not the case here. Each savory morsel seemed to melt in our mouth, with a wonderful simplicity of quality. The wasabi was nice and pungent, and added a great bite to the mellowness of the tuna and whitefish samples. Also had edamame (pretty typical) and seaweed salad (tougher than some I have had).

A toss-up between the saki and Sapporo - we went with the traditional Japanese beer. Always a treat with good sushi!

All-in-all, a very pleasant meal. We will be back!

• Visited November 2012