“Great Service/ Excellent food!”
Review of Fin Izakaya - CLOSED

Fin Izakaya
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge and Eglinton
Description: Fin Izakaya is all about authentic and comforting Japanese dining experience. Our menu reflects moments of its own finest ingredients from land and ocean. Our seafood and other fresh ingredients are always hand-picked by our chefs. Fin's "Izakaya" is a casual place for kicking back with friends after work, and definitely enjoying plenty of sake and beer with foods that complement them. Our hospitality spirits from Japan with a warm welcome,"Irasshaimase!" will always bring you a smile and a great time!
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is my favourite Japanese foods, great tasting and some unique items. Must try the blowtorch mackeral! they really do use a blowtorch at your table! unbeatable. cant find anywhere else. They put love into their foods, unlike others that just want your money and always serve the same chicken terriyaki and california rolls.
The staff always give their most attention to you, and it feels like you are in Japan! Gotta love that feeling!

2  Thank BloodyGloomy

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Like other Izakaya, this services Japanese Tapas and they are good. We got carried away and ordered far too much. We had to ask them to cancel the rest of the order and they did.

We had some Chicken soup with rice and it came in a hot steaming pot. A little child at our table accidentally dropped a piece of hot chicken onto her hands. The waiter saw it in passing, asked her how she was, and came back with a bag of ice to cool down the hands. Very attentive to details.

2  Thank Jayteekay
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been to Fin for more than 5 times. Their customer service is the best compare to other restaurants in Toronto. They treat you like a friend !!

I love their food. It is not pricy at all.

I went to their 3rd anniversary party. I paid $33 for admission. Its ALL YOU CAN EAT dinner. The food was prepared nicely and tasted delicious. There were lots of mini games throughout the party. I won 3 bottles of sake by playing those games. That $33 admission included one alcoholic drink or 2 non-alcoholic drinks. It was such a great deal. There was a gift which included a $10 coupon!!

I will go there again for sure!! Even during the normal days, they have set menus which are at fair price.

The parking is free at first come first serve basis.

Trust me. you will love this restaurant.

Please LIKE the restaurant page on FACEBOOK

3  Thank chocolateeemonster
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were here for a double birthday celebration and it was amazing service and food! Our friend from Japan told us it was very authentic. When we didn't know which sake to order, we were given samples. I love the flair of the torched tuna done right by the table.

4  Thank tmbailey
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Although slightly pricy, the food was very good. Given that this was a Japanese pub, I did not focus on sushi, but rather on their other dishes. There are many small plate options to choose from much like the Spanish tapas. We had beef tataki (loved the citrus sauce that came with it), duck shicimi (great flavour from the actual meat ifself), scallop butter soy saute (buttery and tender), tuna lover (not wow, but not bad either), and also grilled rice on a stick (nothing special in terms of flavour). They had a large selection of sake which I didn't get to try. Maybe next time when I go back for a 2nd time...Great atmosphere and friendly staff.

3  Thank LorettaY