“Mediocre”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Breakfast Diner
“Mediocre”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I used to visit this diner quite a bit and after not being there for a while decided to drop in again for some of their pancakes which used to be great.
They must have changed teh recipe or the chef, they now appear to be out of a box mix.
I guess times change, a better diner alternative for me is the Patrician Grill on King street.

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a great Diner- awesome breakfast as ordered”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Met one of my staff there for breakfast. We were going to be early for an appointment- and I've driven by here countless times- promising myself that I would try it when I had the opportunity.

Let me tell you- wish I had tried it previously.

Service was good- had my coffee offered to be refilled on several occasions without asking. We both had the Irish breakfast- poached eggs cooked perfectly to order- and the grilled tomato was delicious.

I'm going to go back....it's a little dated, but come on its a diner! It's supposed to be a little rustic......

• Visited May 2014
Toronto
“No singles need apply.”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I used to be a regular at this place, usually with two or three friends attending. I went in one Sunday morning for brunch by myself. The restaurant usually had a huge line in front, but there were only two other people in the place at that time and no one waiting outside. I asked for a booth and was told that I had to sit at the bar 'because they were getting busy'. I have a leg injury that prevents me from sitting on the barstools in comfort and said so. They shrugged and refused to change their minds. I went to the King Eddy for brunch and had a nice solo table and good service. I will never again eat at the George Street Diner. They have a contemptuous attitude toward their customers. They are a diner, for crying out loud, not the Cordon Bleu. The King Eddy service was far superior, as was the food.

• Visited April 2014
“Perfect Little Diner!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

GSD is one of those places that stays in your heart. Even if you don't like the food or the service, the atmosphere is bound to get you. Somewhere between the unique menus, loud music, and the aroma, your bound to return.

Is this a 5 star restaurant? No. It has no intentions of being so.
Is the food homemade and delicious? Yes

If you are looking for a small town diner feel, you are in the right place.

Also, the homemade lemonade is great!

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite spot in Toronto”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This diner has been here forever but it was bought by this great Irish lady a few years ago. She has done a wonderful job in bringing back the former 'glory' to this restaurant and it has a fantastic breakfast and lunch. A real gem in Toronto! A little off the beaten path but worth your walk east of Younge St.

Visited June 2013