“Like Little Italy”
Review of Il Fornaro

Il Fornaro
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Fornaro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,601 of 8,516 Restaurants in Toronto
Description: Wood oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine
Winnipeg, Canada
“Like Little Italy”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a great meal with friends. I had the gnocchi with polo and spinach. The gnocchi was perfect and the marinara sauce was good. Street with metered parking makes it a little bit of challenge to get there, but the food is worth it. A better bread serving would also help, as they provided cut up flat bread which did not help in absorbing the sauce left over in the bowl. Good wine selection and prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2013

Brampton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Il Fornaro doesn't deserve Winterliscious spot!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went to Il Fornaro Restaurant, Toronto Ontario, with a group of 12 people as part of Winterliscious. it was a central location, so we chose it, since it was on the list of Winterliscious.
Well, we arrived and I didn't even take my jacket off, and the waiter was already hovering to take my drink order. I didn't even look at the menu yet! I asked him to wait, so I could look at a menu, and he was rushing me to quickly choose my drink. (this happened to each guest as they arrived!) There was olives and dip on the table, but no bread to dip. When we asked for the bread, he said "oh, you want bread?" As soon as the last of our 12 arrived, they didn't have their jackets off and he was rushing us to place our dinner orders, and he wanted to hurry. As soon as we asked any question, he looked at us as though we shouldn't have any questions. We finally (and quickly) placed our orders. The order came as soon as we placed them (they were cold and pre-prepared). I couldn't finish meal, because as I put my fork down to take a drink, he took my plate. Then asked, or you want it back. He did this for the 2 courses after his hand was in my plate. Then the desert which was chocolate cake came, the slices were so thin and practically see through! No consistency in portions (from small to smallest) and they forgot some of the orders. They didn't refill our drinks/martinis or offer any water re-fills. The bill was brought before we were done, and there was no one waiting to take our table. We had to get up and get our own cutlery! I will NEVER go back. Food was HORRIBLE, service EVEN WORSE! Should not be part of Winterliscious!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank N A
Oshawa, Canada
“Average but friendly”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was there today for there winterlicious price fixed menu. The menu was more extensive than most restaurants when it comes to entrees. The food however was average based on 2 dishes. My girlfriend got the catalloni which was good, I chose to get the pizza which was not as good as I expected from an italian restaurant. Other restaurants on college st have a really nice pizza, this one was plain.

The customer service was good, and everyone was very attentive to the customers and I enjoyed the decor. The fact that they charge for every refill of pop is sad though. I understand if I'm given a can of pop but i know how a bag in the box works and free refills should not be an issue.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family and I went there last week, we had a great time! Nice atmosphere, deliciouse food and great service. Would definitely recommend it to everyone!

toronto
“Stay away”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Average food and terrible service!!!! The waiter couldn't remember who ordered what at our table of 4 even though he took our order. He brought our wine ordered with the dinner out before the cocktails we had ordered and actually forgot 2 of the four cocktails that we're ordered. A dish was ordered without cheese and when it arrived it clearly had cheese on it, the waiter argued that this is the way that it was cooked even though he was asked if it could be made without cheese. He then claimed that nobody asked him for it made without cheese. The final straw was he served our dessert with his thumb stuck I'm our glass of sorbet...... Nasty! This restaurant has so much potential but certainly doesn't deliver .

• Visited July 2012