“Fantastic for delivery!”
Review of Il Fornaro

Il Fornaro
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Fornaro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,548 of 8,650 Restaurants in Toronto
Description: Wood oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic for delivery!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Generous portions are delivered to your door and leftovers lasted for days!

Visited March 2012

Toronto
“Good food, Great service”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I discovered this restaurant near his house during Toronto's Winterlicious, and we both really enjoyed it (this is a rare occurence :P) Although the food is good, it's the great service that keeps us coming back, and what pushed me to give an otherwise average-rated Italian restaurant to a 'Very Good' rating. Each time I've been, I've ordered something different; I've had the pasta (not memorable), the veal (surprisingly large portion, but one that I didn't finish) and, most recently, the tilapia (which I was very happy with). Yet my favourite thing here is something that comes with every meal: their homemade baba ghanoush served with breadsticks--DELICIOUS! My boyfriend loves their pizza, made in house in a wood burning oven (though I've never tried it since I'm not a huge pizza fan).
We come here 3-4 times a year, and each time we're treated extremely well. Really enjoy the service here.

• Visited February 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Decent Food - Poor Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had dinner at Il Fornaro with 5 friends as part of the summerlicious promotion this past July. We had a reservation and were still made to wait for our table.

The food was mostly good and I enjoyed my three courses. The salad was delicious and the pasta was simple and tasty. The food could be presented better since most of it just seemed tossed thoughtlessly on the plate.

I had some issues with the decor and ambiance of this place. It was quite dark except for where I happened to be sitting and the light was shining directly in my face which was very hot.

The service was somewhat attentive, however surly. They would not split the bill for the three couples.

• Visited July 2011