“Great way to spend Toronto afternoon!”
Review of Chowbella Taste & Travel - CLOSED

Chowbella Taste & Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Chowbella is Toronto's premier food tour company. Our walking tours are led by a local who is equally as passionate about showing off her city as she is about food. A little bit educational and heaps of fun, the tours offer VIP treatment, insider tips and ‘behind the scenes’ access to the city’s hippest neighbourhoods, best gourmet shops/restaurants and, of course, the most delectable food…tastings included! So, bring your appetite and your most comfortable walking shoes, let’s go outside and explore this exciting city through our taste buds!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was our favorite "activity" in Toronto. I think the tour could be appreciated by anyone of any level of food interest, but we loved all of Trina's insights and foodie enthusiasm. The stops were a perfect sampling of what these neighborhoods have to offer. She even personalized our tour a bit as she learned more about our interests. Trina's experience and professionalism were evident throughout our tour. We loved that she primarily chose small businesses where the owner where the owners valued quality product and service. She provided several great suggestions for dining and day trips that did not disappoint. We would do this tour all over again!

ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thanks for letting Chowbella show you around town and for voting us your favourite Toronto experience. I'm so happy you enjoyed the tour, as well as at the other places I recommended.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to take the Chocolate and Cheese tour with Trina of ChowBella! And I have to say it was an awesome experience! A group of us were in Toronto for a Bachelorette Party Weekend! We are all foodies from Michigan and we don't have one negative thing to say about this tour. First off, Trina was a great tour guide. Although we might have been a rowdy bunch she was super patient with us. She really organized a great tour with a great balance of savory and sweet. There's definitely something for everyone. Or if your like me, everything was awesome! There were many times through out the weekend the group of us tried to pick our favorite stop but it was impossible. Thank you ChowBella for an awesome experience. You deserve more then a 5 star rating!
-Ruby

You are so welcome! It was an absolute pleasure showing you ladies the town on such a special occasion.. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your bachelorette weekend in Toronto.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

First time visitors to Toronto, we were excited to find this tour and add it to our list of things to see and do there. Trina was so personable and led our group of six through a part of the city we may have missed otherwise. Getting a firsthand glimpse into local cuisine and shops who go the extra mile to incorporate only the "best" ingredients into their products was a wonderful way to experience the city's offerings to those who love good food....chocolate and cheese in particular. Samples were of generous sizes and by the end we were quite stuffed, but in a good way! We especially enjoyed the French pastries at Nadege. Mmmmm! You will want one of everything in the store! Cheesewerks was also a savory surprise with it's out-of-the ordinary and mouth-watering grilled cheese sandwiches and more. We enjoyed a beautiful day walking through the Queen West area and would add it to the "must-do" itinerary of anyone visiting Toronto. You will have your eyes (and mouths!) opened in a delightful way! We even made second trips to a couple of the stops before we left town!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Trina took us on a tour that included some of the yummiest classic Toronto food - and provided fun, laughter and helpful information along the way! My husband and I went on this tour for my birthday and were really impressed with the quality and amount of food we got to try. The food samples were not small tasting sized samples.. they were full meals. Think gourmet poutines, cupcakes and the best grilled cheese you've ever had. We left with both our sweet and savoury sides very satisfied!

I would highly recommend this tour for anyone not from Toronto who wants to experience some of the good food that Toronto has to offer. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring some water! (the walking was welcomed because of all the food we were eating)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We recently went on the cheese and chocolate tour of Queen West. Trina was an excellent tour guide. Very knowledgable of the area and chose some great places to visit. I was not a big tea drinker, but after Tealish, I will be! We went to D'Lish, where I ate the best cupcakes I've ever had. Cheesewerks was very cool and I can't wait to go back for some fondue. Soma was great and I enjoyed getting background on the making of chocolate. The only negative of the tour was going to Smokes for poutine. I'm not a big fan of Smokes and it deviated from the small local shops & restaurants that made up the rest of the tour. Overall though, the tour was a lot of fun and delicious!!