“Great way to experience some delicious food in Toronto!”
Review of Chowbella Taste & Travel - CLOSED

Chowbella Taste & Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Chowbella is Toronto's premier food tour company. Our walking tours are led by a local who is equally as passionate about showing off her city as she is about food. A little bit educational and heaps of fun, the tours offer VIP treatment, insider tips and ‘behind the scenes’ access to the city’s hippest neighbourhoods, best gourmet shops/restaurants and, of course, the most delectable food…tastings included! So, bring your appetite and your most comfortable walking shoes, let’s go outside and explore this exciting city through our taste buds!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Trina took us on a tour that included some of the yummiest classic Toronto food - and provided fun, laughter and helpful information along the way! My husband and I went on this tour for my birthday and were really impressed with the quality and amount of food we got to try. The food samples were not small tasting sized samples.. they were full meals. Think gourmet poutines, cupcakes and the best grilled cheese you've ever had. We left with both our sweet and savoury sides very satisfied!

I would highly recommend this tour for anyone not from Toronto who wants to experience some of the good food that Toronto has to offer. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring some water! (the walking was welcomed because of all the food we were eating)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We recently went on the cheese and chocolate tour of Queen West. Trina was an excellent tour guide. Very knowledgable of the area and chose some great places to visit. I was not a big tea drinker, but after Tealish, I will be! We went to D'Lish, where I ate the best cupcakes I've ever had. Cheesewerks was very cool and I can't wait to go back for some fondue. Soma was great and I enjoyed getting background on the making of chocolate. The only negative of the tour was going to Smokes for poutine. I'm not a big fan of Smokes and it deviated from the small local shops & restaurants that made up the rest of the tour. Overall though, the tour was a lot of fun and delicious!!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My friend surprised me today with a walking tour in the Queen West area of Toronto for a delightful Cheese and Chocolate tour. This is my first tour and there were 7 of us in total who participated. It was fantastic! With the owner bringing her knowledge and some of the "best of the best" to the tour, I can honestly recommend this to anyone - whether you wish to rediscover your Toronto or you are visiting our fair city from out of town, you'll love this little adventure in food. :)

There's a fair bit of walking, so wear comfortable and weather appropriate shoes.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were interested in doing a culinary tour in Toronto but couldn't find a tour that worked with the time we were looking for. We opted to do a 'self-guided tour' through Chowbella.

Experience with Chowbella:
My e-mails were always promptly responded to by Trina - I love quick replies!
Trina even helped with some reservations with restaurants that were already full.

Tour Experience:
Trina put together an exciting 5 stop tour based on where we arrived on transit
The tour included detailed directions and what to try at each stop along with where to try to sit at some places.
We loved all the stops and recommendations that Trina provided.

Overall:
Trina was super professional and I would use her service again!
Try it...you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank angie159
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Trina took us through several West Queen West local shops, owners. Many are small businesses who take their chocolate and cheese seriously. I loved the tea shop (chocolate mint - amazing), and the chocolate shop. Trina is a great guide - who knows just enough about each shop/business and what makes each of them unique and different. If I lived here I would definitely visit the shops again. Bonus for getting discounts in some of the shops for being on the tour. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting the Toronto area. The neighborhood has a great vibe and you could spend all day in the area wandering around. Thanks Trina for a great tour.

ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time on the tour. It was a pleasure meeting you both of you. Thanks again for choosing Chowbella!