“Delicious treats in Toronto”
Review of Chowbella Taste & Travel - CLOSED

Chowbella Taste & Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Chowbella is Toronto's premier food tour company. Our walking tours are led by a local who is equally as passionate about showing off her city as she is about food. A little bit educational and heaps of fun, the tours offer VIP treatment, insider tips and ‘behind the scenes’ access to the city’s hippest neighbourhoods, best gourmet shops/restaurants and, of course, the most delectable food…tastings included! So, bring your appetite and your most comfortable walking shoes, let’s go outside and explore this exciting city through our taste buds!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent a lovely afternoon on a cheese and chocolate tour, guided by our very personable guide,Trina Hendry. We had great fun chatting with the chefs or owners, sampling delicious treats and discovering an area of the city we weren't familiar with. We will definitely be back to visit the restaurants Trina introduced us too and look forward to taking another tour!

There are newer reviews for Chowbella Taste & Travel

Reviewed August 8, 2012

we went on the chocolate and cheese tour. Everything we sampled was delicious, and we discovered some new restaurants that I will definitely want to check out again. All in all a great tour, and a wonderful idea to combine a tour of cheese and chocolate two of my favourite foods!
I would be happy to go on another Chowbella tour.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My mom and I went on this tour, and absolutely loved it! Even though only the two of us had signed up, Trina didn't cancel, and gave us a personal tour instead. The food was to die for. We tried so many things that we were ridiculously full, and each tasting was was somehow better than the last! The personal touch of speaking to the different owners about the food we were trying and about their business was also amazing. I think this was a great way to get to know an area of Toronto that we may not have found in our travels. I highly recommend this tour! It has convinced me that I need to move to Toronto and eat decadent goodies for the rest of my life.

ChowBellaTO, Owner at Chowbella Taste & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

It was an absolute pleasure showing you and your mom my favourite gourmet food shops in the West Queen West neighbourhood of Toronto!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

What a surprise! Who knew that West Queen West had such delicious treats! My husband and I just completed a tour with Chowbella’s Trina Hendry and thoroughly enjoyed every place that she took us to. We learned all about oils and vinegars from Bill at The Spice Trader and the differences between herbal and black teas at Tealish. Trina is a warm and friendly host inviting us to share her favourite food places and meet their proprietors, who were all knowledgeable and passionate about their establishments. The pace of the tour was easy, and the choice and order of foods was well thought out.
We had a great time and will definitely return to this area of the city. We’re also looking forward to taking Chowbella’s Chocolate and Cheese tour in the fall.

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Trina Hendry led us on a fantastic cheese and chocolate tour in the Queen St west area which is a part of Toronto that we don't normal frequent. She led us to special spots that we had forgotten about or never knew existed! My husband and I enjoy good food and we were so delighted to have had the opportunity to taste delicious treats at several cheese or chocolate inspired shops and restaurants. Each one was better than the next! Trina's enthusiasm and passion for food in our city made this a wonderful tour.

1  Thank Thomas_1313