“Freezing at Frank's Kitchen”
Review of Frank's Kitchen - CLOSED

Frank's Kitchen
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freezing at Frank's Kitchen”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I am sure that people have had wonderful meals here but that was not the case last night. After making a reservation weeks before we were seated at a table beside the front door . The door kept opening all night and it was freezing and below zero outside. There was a heater beside us and we had to eat with our coats on dreading the opening of the door . The wine we ordered was not the year that was on the wine list . It was opened without us seeing the bottle . We did not want to complain after the complaining we made about our seats. It is difficult to get excited about the food after these circunstances. I would only recommend going to the resturant in warmer weather unless you make a reservation and request the back of the resturant. The servers apologized but did nothing to compensate the evening. Wendy Goldman

1 Thank WendyG56

Toronto
“Outstanding service and food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was a dinner for two event on a very cold and snowy Friday night. We had 9PM reservations and from the moment we stepped in the restaurant we were treated by a number of different staff like royalty. From taking our coats when we arrived to checking with us every few minutes, the attention was never lacking.

Having selected our appetizers and entrees, we were surprised with a few extras from the kitchen: an extra appetizer, an amuse bouche, some delectable breads made in-house. Well, everything is made in-house. Our choices were tuna tartar and gnocchi for appetizers, and we both had striploin steak for dinner. We shared a tarte tatin for dessert. The highlight I would say is the gnocchi, even though it could end overwhelming the senses a bit, what with a soupy gorgonzola and panceta sauce. The steaks were done correctly, on a bed of spinach.

It was a restaurant that we left hoping to come back and try the many other items we didn't choose that night. One downside of the whole evening was having to sit right next to the entrance, which with the bitter cold night was unpleasant every time anyone left or came in.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto
“"Exceptional in Every Way"”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Exceptional Dining Experience

Once you dine at Frank's Kitchen, you will return again and again and will not want to go anywhere else. The food and first rate service as well as the lovely ambience with just the right amount of energy and warmth just keeps me going back. Dinner is served beautifully, unobtrusively and without arrogance. My most recent dinner included Moet Champagne perfectly chilled and served with our oysters, homemade breads, olives and other delectables. Our mains included kobe bone marrow and venison tartare with foie gras torchon salad and rack of lamb with grilled merquez sausage along with a great bottle of my favorite Amarone wine. Stunning food!

Exceptional dinner with great family and friends make for a very memorable evening. I am already anticipating my next meal at Frank's Kitchen.
Congratulations to dynamic husband and wife owners Chef Parzighar and Shawn Cooper and the entire team. This is as good as it gets!

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite gnocchi”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This charming spot in Little Italy is one of my favourites. I honestly can't find a place in the world that has better gnocchi. Frank has perfected it.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Best Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was very excited to taste the mouth watering dishes at Franks Kitchen. I had the pleasure to go with my sisters and we were not disappointed. All the dishes we ordered were so amazing and delicious, served in above 5 star quality. The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly. Can't wait to go back

• Visited June 2012