“Awesome for office parties!”
Review of The Blake House

The Blake House
Ranked #180 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was voluntold to organize my floor's office holiday party and it was strongly recommended that I use the Blake House because of their spacious party room and their wide variety of food. These both definitely held up to their recommendation; however Jimmy and his brother who are the owners of the restaurant were so accommodating and personable to all my requests that they made all the planning really easy. The servers Tanya and Leanne were phenomenal with everyone and there were no complaints about the food! Thanks for everything guys!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a hidden gem in Toronto, walking distance from Wellesley & Sherboune subway stops.
The food is FAB, the servers are friendly but the best feature of this place if Jim who always strives to make you feel welcome! They have a great variety of typical pub food but the quality of the food is excellent and the beer's not bad either! My partner and I love it here and both being British, we do like our pubs!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Yesterday, I took my Sweetie to the Blake House based on the reco's here on Trip Advisor. It looks nice, but I was more interested in the food. She ordered the Blake House nachos and we were surprised to discover they were thinly sliced potatoes.

Delicious!

Though it seemed to fill us up fast.

So, we decided to get a Ceasar salad and split a main. Decisions ... They had a veal dish, a chicken dish and a pasta dish. Now, normally we don't buy pasta in restaurants because we find it overpriced, but in this case, the pasta dish included a smoked duck breast, it was priced in the middle ($17), and my Sweetie picked it. Now we are great fans of food in Quebec and find Ontario restaurants don't deliver the same value, so both of us were pleasantly surprised by this pasta dish. I could tell the pasta was sautéed in the butternut squash cream sauce making each forkful hot and tasty. The duck breast was not fatty, in fact being smoked, it almost tasted like bacon, but it wasn't. The whole dish was topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano. I could tell, I am a little particular about my cheeses, and what I was served was fresh grated, not store bought pre-grated dry stuff. In my experience, sometimes restaurants try and skimp and serve subpar food elements, but that wasn't the case here.

The manager, checked with us during the meal, and we learned they were serving the last of their fresh sage from their herb garden in the butternut squash sauce. We asked about their herb garden and learned a little about gardening in the process.

Overall, yes, I would go back, and I wouldn't be afraid to bring friends or family next time!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went to the Blake House for lunch on a Sunday and was not impressed at all with the food. The service was very good and the bar itself was very nice. I am willing to give this place another try in the future. Maybe we caught the chef on an off day.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I found the atmosphere only added to my culinary experience. I had the French onion soup next to their actual wood burning fireplace that seemed to take on comfort food status.

The manager and staff were very accommodating to my special food needs and answered all questions without even a hint of inpatients.

The main of pasta with duck confit was priced well and was better than a lot of the five star restaurants I have visited.

I will be back and will be bringing friends