“A cool way to spend a hot day”

Toronto Harbour Tours
Toronto Inner Harbour and Island Cruise
$20.42*
Toronto Inner Harbour Evening Cruise
Reviewed August 4, 2012

It was very hot the first day we were at the Toronto harbor area and we were looking for something cool to do out of the sun. I had gotten a "buy one, get one free" coupon in a tourist magazine and so we thought we would give this a chance.

The tour consisted of a leisurely 30 minute trip to the harbor islands. The crew was two young people, one steering the boat and the other giving the tour information. (They seem to switch off roles on alternate trips.) Once we got to the islands, we decided to stay on the boat and take the 30 minute trip back. Other people did get off and new people joined us to return.

The next day it was even hotter and so we decided to do the tour ride again (I found another coupon), but this time stay on the islands. (The islands are great, but that is the subject for another review.) After 3 hours on the islands, we took one of the boats back. (One thing that they need to do it to organize the people waiting for a return boat better. I am sure that when things are crowded, it can be confusing deciding who is next in line.)

Thus over the course of two days we heard 3 different tour guides give their talks. In each case, they were friendly, funny, interesting and charming with their stories of the history and features of the Harbour area. You will also get some amazing picture of the Toronto skyline.

You could take the big crowded ferry or one of the swift pontoon boats and just get to the island or you could take one of these tours and have a great time as well.

2  Thank Jake M

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my second time. It's only an hour long but a very pleasant tour. tickets are cheaper online. it's what you expect for a harbour tour and not overly expensive.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

A pleasant way to see the Toronto Islands and get a great view of the Toronto skyline.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff was really friendly. The tour is informative and full of great jokes. They let you off at the Toronto islands so we spent the day there and then they picked us back up later in the day. It was a great way to spend the day in Toronto. A fun and relaxing tour. We learned lots of interesting facts about the city. I would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I got this deal in June last year but was unable to redeem it. I called their office to ask about redeeming/refund and I was told I couldn't get a refund but could use it this year. I asked again last month when I could redeem and I was told the value would be higher. They want me to redeem at a higher price when they sell to other customers at this deal. Pretty fair huh?

2  Thank Sweetumz
Dan F, Owner at Toronto Harbour Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you were not able to use redeem your coupon and that we have given you the wrong impression. I hope I can clear things up.

We ran a Groupon deal in April and July last year, and those tickets were valid until October 31 2011. Our policy is that for any tickets that were expired from last year, we will honour the value paid towards that ticket as a discount on the regular price tour (ie. your expired ticket would be good for $10 off the regular tour price). We are not trying to charge you more than other customers; that policy is in place to allow some leeway for expired tickets.

However, if you called and were told you could still use your expired ticket, I do apologize, and that would certainly be our fault for giving you the wrong information. I would like to be able to rectify the situation for you so that you do not feel we have let you down in any way. Please give our office a call at 416-203-7786 and ask for Dan, and I will help clear up the situation. Alternatively you could email us at info@harbourtourstoronto.ca and I will be happy to help.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope we can help you out.

Best Regards,

Dan Farris,
Vice President

Toronto Harbour Tours Inc.