“Awesome Tour!”

Culinary Adventure Co.
Ranked #2 of 60 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your Culinary Adventure Starts Here. Since, 2010, we have worked hard to become Canada's most trusted culinary adventure company - we showcase the best of Ontario. Whether joining us for the first time or looking for a unique gift or special occasion - we have an award winning culinary experience to fit everyone's palate. Explore the dozens of Food Tours, Culinary Adventures or Class, we offer, there is something tasty running EVERYDAY. Join us.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We just took the Church and Wellsley Tour the other day. I had been on a bunch of other food tours in other cities (including my own) and this one was pleasantly different (not that the other ones weren't great in their own rights). The difference was our guide, Kevin (who was just plain great) would take us to the different spots and we would have choices of what we wanted to taste.

We learned a lot about the gay history of Toronto and met some great people, while trying some great food. I would definitely recommend a tour with these guys!

All reviews
"our tour guide"
in 54 reviews
"food industry"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews
in 9 reviews
"dim sum"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was in Toronto in early July for a family wedding in Cambridge. With only 2 days in the city, I wanted to make the most of my time by getting to know one of Toronto's many fantastic and charismatic neighbourhoods more intimately. As an avid food tour taker whenever I travel, a food tour with the Culinary Adventure Company seemed like the perfect opportunity to accomplish these goals and given the experience my boyfriend and I had exploring Little India in October 2013 with this group- I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed.

Timing of my trip resulted in the newly launched Church and Wellesley Tour being the only one that fit my schedule and, much to my surprise, I happened to be the only one signed up to join the tour on that date. As a consequence, I was shown around the neighbourhood by one of the company's owners, Kevin, an individual who is warm, insightful, funny, easy-going, interesting and highly passionate.

We tasted fried Octopus balls, divine prosciutto, sublime Canadian cheese, iconic butter tarts, Brooklyn style pizza, english pudding and top grade sashimi. Beyond the food, which was more than tasty, I was given a history lesson on the community's LGBT struggles and triumphs, its emergence on the foodie scene of one of the world's greatest cities and even where to find hidden blackberry trees. What's more, I was given a tour of the Province's largest grocery store- a true treat for any foodie in the game:)

This tour is a limited edition- so I strongly suggest you take part in it while you can. Look out for the other great experiences this company offers and I know that my future visits to Toronto will always be marked by a food tour with the Culinary Adventure team so I can earn my culinary bearings and come to know another nugget of the TO.

Thanks so much to Kevin and the CAC team for a fantastic journey,
Cheers,
Alanna

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My brother and I are from Michigan. We have a friend visiting from the UK who wanted to see Toronto. We planned a quick 3 day visit. I love food, my brother loves the outdoors and our friend loves photography. The Escape the City Canoe Paddle and Beach Dining Adventure was perfect for all three of us. It was the highlight of our visit to Toronto, the company, the food and the views were all spectacular.

The paddle itself is not difficult, it was probably the part I worried about the most, but I was able to paddle with relative ease. The ages on our trip ranged from 12 to 67 and all of us were able to participate. You will stop to take a breather a couple of times – it allows the perfect opportunity to take pictures of the Toronto skyline. The trip back when you round the tip of the island to see the city all ablaze is magnificent – the money shot for sure! If you are lucky you will see a few planes take off and land from Billy Bishop airport. We also were able to see the SkyDome (Rogers Centre) close after the Blue Jays game.

Chef Scott and Kevin were great hosts, the venue - Toronto Island Park next to the grandstands of the Allan A. Lamport Regatta Course on Long Pond – was the perfect spot. The meal, as promised, was gourmet - my brother said it was one of the best he had ever eaten. We had a cheese plate brought to us by Kevin (who runs a local restaurant all about cheese, Cheesewerks), a charcuterie plate with locally sourced products, peel and eat shrimp and smoked trout with fresh bread and crackers. An assortment of salads with fresh ingredients – potato, lentil and pear, fresh mixed cherry tomato with bocconcini and herbs. Entrées our night included lamb prepared two ways, chicken breast topped with an soulful cheese mousse and skirt steak with a truffle aioli. Dessert was s’mores and Canada’s famous butter tarts. One of the guests – James - collaborated with Kevin and created the S’Mutter – a grilled butter tart with marshmallow. It may be Canada’s next quintessential dessert.

We scheduled this our last night in the city, so we were not able to take advantage of some of the other Culinary Adventure tours. We are looking forward to a return visit – I am thinking the Italy Tour is definitely on the agenda. And I would do this adventure again and again!!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We did this tour on a Sunday afternoon and it was the perfect way to spend the end of our weekend. Chef Scott (or "Cheffy") really knew the neighbourhood and had amazing food recommendations! Having lived in Toronto for a while now, it was a great way for us to rediscover a favourite neighbourhood and Cheffy's endless knowledge of Toronto's food scene is going to keep us busy for months to come! The food and the cocktails (especially the cocktails!) were amazing and you won't leave the tour hungry! Would highly recommend to tourists and Torontonians alike.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We took our friend to the Cheese and Cheers to celebrate his 50th birthday. Was a really fun afternoon. Great introduction to cheeses and drink pairiings. Learned alot and was really stuffed by the end of it. The afternoon opened up with a spectacular grilled cheese sandwich and ended with beer and blue cheese. Setting was bright and cheerful - and the price, for what you got, was very reasonable. We did not have Chef Scott but instead had his assistant Kevin. Kevin was very knowledgeable - it is apparent that he LOVES cheese - but at times could be a bit militant about when to eat the cheese (i.e. you had to poke, prod and smell first) and didn't hesitate to admonish folks (albeit in a nice way) who didn't do things in the right order.