“The Culinary Wizardry of Oz: Ossington Food Tour”

Culinary Adventure Co.
Small-Group Gourmet Dinner Tour of Toronto's Little Italy
Ranked #1 of 49 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your Culinary Adventure Starts Here. Since, 2010, we have worked hard to become Canada's largest and "Best Rated" culinary adventure company - we showcase the best of Ontario. Whether joining us for the first time or looking for a unique gift or special occasion - we have an award winning culinary experience to fit everyone's palate. Explore the dozens of Food Tours, Culinary Adventures or Class, we offer, there is something tasty running EVERYDAY. Join us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our second tour with Chef Scott, the first one two years ago in Little Italy. Both excellent.
We were a smaller group of 6 on Mother's Day.
A great afternoon of discovery, learning, laughter and, of course, great food.
We had more than 12 courses in 3 restaurants along with excellent wine pairings.
A wonderful way to spend Mother's Day !

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've done some other food tours before so I had higher expectations. We had several different stops which included a couple of bakeries, cookie shops, ice cream shop, olive oil shop, fish market, and one restaurant.
I expected for the price we were paying we would get to stop at many more sit-down type restaurants. At the restaurant, we were fed one sandwich (which was delicious, but minimal), or tart. We were also served an alcoholic drink (non-alcoholic could also be served).

I live in Toronto, and a few girlfriends and I decided to do this tour based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Although there was nothing that was bad about the tour, I just don't think it's worth the $80 (tax + fees incl).

Chef Scott was entertaining, but he seemed tired this day. But I must say he seems really dedicated to the explaining the history of the restaurants. He noted several restaurants we walked by, and suggested we try them. It would have been nice if we tried them on the tour, instead of bring us to shops to 'purchase' items.

3  Thank clumsythief
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I live in Toronto, and stumbled in to Culinary Adventure Co through a cooking class we did as a group. I'm a foodie in a foodie city, and I figured there wasn't much I hadn't already tried. So. Wrong. I did the Little India tour, and I'm headed to the Little Italy tour tonight. I hope to do them all this year.

The class was incredible. I now make candy bar grilled cheese at home, can debone a chicken and I know how to cut an onion without crying.

BUT. That's nothing compared to the time I had on the Culinary Adventure Co tour of Little India. Absolutely mind blowing! Best chicken korma, butter chicken, naan and corn on the cob I've ever had. I've literally sent dozens of people this way, and I'm hoping to do lots more business with Chef in the future!

1  Thank chelseamaccheese
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I participated the Blades for Bowls & Souls last night (Apr 28/14) at Cheesewerk and it was EXCELLENT! Very informative section and Chef Scott was offered the best possible learning experience. It's also for good cause so this is highly recommended! The Venue (Cheesewerk) was awesome and we had a very hearty snack and learned the tips of using the "blades" to be a Master Chef! A++++

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I participated in the Blades and Bowls workshop last night, and had an amazing time!

Chef Scott was a knowledgeable and friendly guide through our education on kitchen-based knife wielding, and I'm now proud to say that I can not only debone a chicken (okay, I need practice, but I can do it!) and make lovely flower-shaped garnish. We were served a simply gorgeous dinner by the owner of Cheesewerks (which is where the session was held), and throughout the evening we were given great tips on how to properly (quickly and efficiently) chop and mince and overall respect the knife! It was a fantastic way to spend a Monday night.

Now that I have experienced how Culinary Adventures operates, I'm convinced that this is a professional operation that works hard to ensure that participants have a great time and definitely get their money's worth. I'm excited to explore more of what this very cool company has to offer.

...And last, but not least, this particular course included a free set of Cutco knives. They're gorgeous and razor sharp. Love them!

Thanks for a great night Chef Scott!

1  Thank Kerry D