“Abolutely excellent - even for long time residents !”

Culinary Adventure Co.
Small-Group Gourmet Dinner Tour of Toronto's Little Italy
Ranked #1 of 49 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your Culinary Adventure Starts Here. Since, 2010, we have worked hard to become Canada's largest and "Best Rated" culinary adventure company - we showcase the best of Ontario. Whether joining us for the first time or looking for a unique gift or special occasion - we have an award winning culinary experience to fit everyone's palate. Explore the dozens of Food Tours, Culinary Adventures or Class, we offer, there is something tasty running EVERYDAY. Join us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Chef Scott takes you through an exciting evening adventure in Little Italy that features local lore, great food, wine and intriguing drinks. He hinted at a surprise at the end of the evening.

The evening began in a Prohibition-era SpeakEasy, accessible only through an unmarked door; very cool !

The last culinary adventure was set in an Italian restaurant whose Chef is Egyptian; the pasta was superb.

Here, we were seneranaded by two musicians from Newfoundland, Canada's easternmost and newest province. He introduced them as "The Liquor Store Boys". When we enquired about the name of their band, he said that he saw them playing for tips in front of the Liquor Store, liked their music and asked them to come and play for us.

A outstanding evening for our adult family of 3.

Chef Scott, keep it up !
We're looking forward to meeting Fidel Gastro.

3  Thank Jean-Pierre C

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was in town for a conference and looked for something different to do in Toronto on TripAdvisor, which was how I came across the Canoe and Beach Dining Tour. What a fantastic choice that was! This group does an excellent job of making you feel like a friend that they have not seen in a long time, completely welcoming you with open arms. Instead of feeling as if we were going on a tour, we felt as though we were meeting up with good friends to go on a picnic. The food was amazing - we had as appetizers a nice selection of local cheeses/breads, grilled tomatoes/peppers; for the main course a spiced pork tenderloin that was expertly paired with a blueberry reduction sauce, a prosciutto-wrapped, stuffed chicken breast, a beet salad (which was amazing, and I don't even like beets!) that was accompanied by a fluffed goat cheese/pistachio topping (YUM!), a chipotle (had me already at chipotle!) potato salad, and cole slaw (again, not a big fan but this was really good!). I'm sure that there is something that I'm leaving out but don't have my pictures with me right now to reference. For dessert we had a Sicilian cheesecake prepared by a local woman from Little Italy. The food, albeit superb, was far surpassed by the great company that we shared on this adventure. I cannot say enough about how impressed we were by their hospitality and genuine friendliness. I think that they certainly step up to the plate in serving as Canadian ambassadors to visitors to their wonderful city. With having said that, hats off to everyone that we met in Toronto - what a friendly place; certainly not the cynical, hurried people that you would expect from other large cities (although we have met several nice, helpful people in other large cities such as New York). The scenery on the canoe ride back at night was truly breathtaking - don't forget your "good camera" for this one! One of my concerns was that if we brought our digital SLR camera that knowing my luck the canoe would end up flipping and it would get ruined. This was a non-issue, however - please know that you are perfectly safe to bring along your nicer camera. I really regret having accidentally left ours (I decided to risk it for the sake of amazing pictures) in the hotel room on my way down to the Quay. Guess that's a good reason to go back, though, huh?! One piece of advice that I would offer for this trip, though, is that bug spray is a good idea, as are pants if you can tolerate the heat in the summertime (the mosquitoes/gnats seem to love this area!); don't let this turn you off to this trip, though. I can honestly say that this trip was well worth every penny spent and every bug bite endured (not many, though, thanks to Deanna who had the foresight to bring along the Off - thanks again! ;0) ). You will not regret going on this adventure. Thanks again to all who make this trip possible!

3  Thank NewScubaDiver
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My daughter and I met up with Chef Scott for the Little Italy tour. We wanted to do the Little India Tour (actually I would have loved to do all of them), but this one fit our schedule. We were lucky in that there was only one other couple who were also a total blast to meet and hang out with. Weather was perfect, but don't worry you don't have to walk that much. We started out at the member's only bar and had great drinks and antipasto/appetizers. Be careful, even though you eat over a period of 3 1/2 hours, you will get very full. Then we walked on over to one of the top restaurants in Toronto and had more drinks and sat at the bar and watched our drinks being made which is a show by itself and had a scallops and grits dish that was to die for. By this time, we are starting to worry about how to fit in more food and we walked over to our last restaurant and had a full dinner served by Samir and his very nice girlfriend. The best part was that Chef Scott asked about dessert and when Samir said he was all out- Chef Scott jokingly threw down a kind of "chopped" challenge. Samir promptly ran out to buy some ingredients and made us a bread pudding from scratch accompanied by yummy pistachio gelato (which he also ran down the street to buy). The food was excellent and it was like going on a very sophisticated progressive dinner. Ask Chef Scott as many questions as you can as he has had a pretty interesting life and it is really fascinating to hear all of his stories.

Sure you can go to some of these restaurants by yourself, but would you know what to pick off the menu? And sitting with Samir having a beer with us as we devoured his dessert (we were all members of the clean plate club despite the fact that we were stuffed) was just really enjoyable. I highly recommend this tour with Chef Scott. Good food, drinks and company.

2  Thank 61luv2travel
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This tour is a amazing and a great way to learn about food and history about Toronto. Chef Scott was great, he shared a a lot of history about the area and even had some great cooking tips along the way.

I strongly recommend this tour to not only people visiting or new to Toronto...the locals will love it too.

3  Thank BusTraveler2010
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I joined Chef Scott last Saturday on his Leslieville food tour and had an amazing time. I was concerned the tour might take up too much of our day but it didn't. We thought the pace of the tour was just PERFECT with stops at local shops, restaurant, cafes, wine tasting and olive oil tasting. My favourite was the olive oil tasting where Scott instructed us on how to properly taste olive oils and enjoyed a pairing with chocolate. I learned a lot about the Toronto and can't wait to go back and visit the cheese and olive oil shops again!

3  Thank Paula C