“Pop Up Dinners...a whole new trend”

Culinary Adventure Co.
Toronto Brunch Food Tour
Ranked #3 of 58 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your Culinary Adventure Starts Here. Since, 2010, we have worked hard to become Canada's most trusted culinary adventure company - we showcase the best of Ontario. Whether joining us for the first time or looking for a unique gift or special occasion - we have an award winning culinary experience to fit everyone's palate. Explore the dozens of Food Tours, Culinary Adventures or Class, we offer, there is something tasty running EVERYDAY. Join us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 8, 2011

An initimate roof top setting with the look and feel of an expensive restaurant right in the heart of the theatre district in Toronto...but here is the best part, it's not a restuarant but a very private condo venue at dusk and the new trend that Chef Scott and Tania are setting with their "Pop Up Dinners".

We experienced a 7 course seafood event that weaved together the freshest and most delicate of the seas bounty married with the talent of an award winning chef and the magic of Tania's charisma. it was an evening to be celebrated and remebered.

The company was delightful, the food extraordinary and the overall experience-a foodie's dream.

We are promised more "Pop Up Dinners" so watch for them.

11  Thank Lyn1750
"chef kevin"
in 10 reviews
"food industry"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews
in 8 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2011

A fun way to experience an area of Toronto unfamiliar to us. The tour gave us an opportunity to visit a variety of unique shops and restaurants and to learn about the history of Leslieville, a neighbourhood in Toronto. Our hosts, Chef Scott and Tania were the best. Their presentation was entertaining and educational.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a totally new concept for us. We go to alot of restaurants but never something like this. It was a Culinary Adventure Company 'pop up' restaurant. Scott and Tania hosted the event on a private Toronto rooftop terrace with a view of the skyline and CN Tower. A small, diverse and interesting group of people attended. When we arrived we were offered Scott's secret recipe Sangria which was totally amazing. And then we progressed over the course of the evening with seven incredible seafood courses. The first course was a ceviche, the second shrimp, the third a heavenly clam chowder (Scott has won awards for it!), fourth steamed mussels, five diver scallops, six was whole steamed lobsters (yeah!) and seven a delicious flambe banana dessert. They have promised us more 'pop up' restaurant dining experiences. If you have opportunity to go it is a new way to enjoy a night out with fabulous food and company. Remember to bring your own wine!

1  Thank shermo1968
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We just came back from a vacation in Toronto and had a wonderful time. One of the biggest highlights of our vacation was the Culinary Adventure Company. We can't tell enough people how great it was. We joined Chef Scott and Tania and other food adventurers on our first night there. We had no idea where they were going to lead us. Our first stop was a throw back in time, with it's secret doorway and a long dark stairwell that led us to a long bar area and cozy booths and tables. With the nostaglic music and the ambience of the place, I felt I was back in another era. We all were seated at the bar and our bartender quickly started to make drinks (a St. Germaine, and a Basil Smash) and out came the antipasto, bread, warm marinated olives, Ceviche, it was all delicious!!
Our second stop brought us to a unique restaurant, where the chef is not afraid to try inovative things with food. We started with a classic Manhattan drink that had hickory infused smoke Cointreau, which he did right at the table. We then had a creamy parmesan potato croquette with tomato chutney and thai basil. Yummy. That was followed by Tuna carpaccio on white chocolate with lemon foam. Yes, you read that right it was on chocolate!! Then they poured the red wine (petite syrah) as they served up house made papardelle with rabbit ragu. It was absolutely delicious. My partner never had rabbit before and she was stunned by how good it tasted. No one's stomach was growling by this time but we still had one more stop to make.
We walked down Main Street to a side street that housed a restaurant where everything was cooked in their wood fired oven. Everything was served family style. Out came the house baked bread, all variations of sourdough, with Taglietelle with sheep cheese, peas, proscuitto and mint. It was delectable!! Our drink was a very expensive magnum of Keinte He Pinot Noir. It was excellent. Our main course was ragu of snails and double smoked bacon over crispy polenta. It was delightful. Again, some at the table had never had such a delicacy and were amazed at how much they enjoyed it. This was served with Rapini that was sauteed with anchovy and chili, it was a little hot. For dessert we had a bread and butter pudding with apricot coulis and pistachio gelato. It was scrumptious. You also got to choose coffee, cappacino etc.
This is what a culinary adventure should be all about. Trying new and different things, and it all came together beautifully because of the hard work of Chef Scott and Tania. They bent over backwards to make sure everyone was having a good time, they had knowledgeable information about the food and they were the perfect hosts. When someone asks me about my trip to Toronto, the very first thing that I tell them is all about this tour, not the CN tower or the Hippo Tours, but this adventure in food. Thanks to them I have a wonderful memory to cherish.

2  Thank CATCHMEBoston
See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2011

When visiting different places my partner and I always love to find the best culinary adventures to experience while we are there. When we decided to visit Toronto she found this tour online and read the excellent reviews. She called Chef Scott and spoke with him numerous times about the tour in Little Italy. (We always have many questions!) He was always available to take the time to speak with her and was full of information for us, giving all the details of the tour before we even arrived! We knew then it would be a great tour, and Chef Scott and Tania did not let us down! We were excited to begin the tour and arrived to meet the group (approx. 8-10 people) around 7 pm. Scott and Tania were awaiting our arrival. A pet peeve of ours is tardiness, so this was great, we knew we had chosen the right tour!

Our first stop was the Toronto Temperance Society, which is a private club that you pay annually to be a member. Membership is a requirement to get into this restaurant, how cool is that?? It was amazing when we showed up at this brown door with a little tiny window with little bars for a peep hole and a long dark staircase up to the bar/restaurant area. VERY INTERESTING, and you felt like you were in a movie! We felt very special to be allowed in the club, then to be the only ones there and be catered to was fantastic! We were served drinks from the 1920's, no Cosmo's at this place, and don't ask or you will be asked to leave! We started out with a refreshing drink of St. Germaine liquor, Prosecco, with a lemon twist..... nice! We were served bread and butter, a tray of cured meats, cheese, anchovy, marinated egg plant and grainy mustard, along with warm marinated olives, yum! Our next drink was the Basil Smash, the bartender first placing fresh basil leaves in the tall glass then adding gin, simple syrup, soda, lime juice, a good shaking, and we had the Basil Smash, another delicious drink, and feeling good! This along with the Cevache was quite the combination. We bid farewell to the club and on to the next adventure.

Our next stop on the tour, right down the street, a short walk, was Live and Breathe (LAB). The drinks and food here are made with molecular recipes, how I don't know, but GOOD, I know that! We had a classic manhattan with hickory smoked Cointreau, and it was actually smoked at our table, awesome experience. Where do you see things like that?? The bread with garlic thyme scented olive oil was very pleasing to the palatte. A glass of red wine (Bogle Petite Syrah from California complimented our dinner, which began with Tuna Carpaccio (raw) on White Chocolate syrup with a dollop of lemon foam, it was interesting to say the least, but not bad at all. We had a scrumptious Parmesan Potato Croquette with Tomato Chutney and Thai Basil, and I could have eaten several of those! Then came the Papardelle with Rabbit Ragu, my first time eating rabbit and it "tasted like chicken", it was delicious! Our stomachs are very satisfied by now, but we aren't finished!

Off we went to the Woodlot, which looks like an old garage! Feeling good, and not too stuffed we were seated right across from the wood burning stove where ALL of the food is cooked! Amazing place and very rustic. Loved it! We were served the house baked bread, several sourdough varieties, Taglietelle with sheeps cheese (another first for me), peas, proscuitto and mint. Now came the real test for me because I have never had escargo and thought I never would (at least that is what I used to say as a kid), but the Ragu of snails and double smoked bacon over crispy polenta was absolutely delicious!! I ate it, and loved it, and was so excited! With the meal we were served rapini sauteed with anchovy and chili, a bit too spicy for my delicate tongue, but tasteful. Dessert was just as delicious as the rest of the meal and again, I could have eaten more of that, but by now I am pretty full! Dessert was bread and butter pudding with apricot coulis and pistachio gelato, which of course, even being full, just HAD to eat it! Oh, and the wine, which was also delicious, was Keinte He Pinot Noir.... ahhhhh.

I would happily go on another tour today if I was lucky enough to still be in Toronto!! That was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Chef Scott and Tania know how to do it right and our culinary adventure in Little Italy will never be forgotten!!

If you are planning a trip to Toronto or are a resident and have not experienced one of the Culinary Tours offered by The Culinary Adventure Co., do not delay, book today! Definitely worth every penny and be sure to take plenty of pictures of your wonderful experiences! I know next time we are in Toronto, we will be going on another tour, it couldn't have been better! Way to go Scott and Tania, and thanks for making our trip to Toronto complete!

3  Thank luv2beafoodie