“Does not meet the Hype”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It is a burger. Get over it!

Very limited seating. If I am going out to eat I do not expect to eat in my car or take it home. Problem with take out burgers is that by the time you get it home the bun is all steamed up and mushy. I hate this.

Burger was good but the burger cellar next door has just as good a burger and you can sit down and have a glass of beer or wine with it.

Not worth a special trip.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A really good burger but not as spectacular as I would have thought based on their reviews. If I was in the neiborhood I would return but would not go out of my way to go there.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

visited Toronto with my friend, and he took me to this place.unbeliveble burger...had double cheese burger super fresh, and super fast, also ordered chilli fries, holy chesse the amount of chesse on those chilli fries is huge. they told me about this secret menu, chek it out, it is on their website, if you're not in a rush, they have some crazy combinations. I recomend this is a must stop if you're in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great burger! Be sure to order from the 'secret menu'. I had the 'Vatican City' burger which is a double cheeseburger between TWO grilled cheese sandwiches used as buns. Just awesome! Also added bacon, fried onions and deep fried breaded jalapeños to the toppings.

Is it the best burger I've ever had? No, but it was a great burger nonetheless and was a fun experience. The Burger's Priest is just a small place, packed, standing room only. Definitely worth trying.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the few burgers in the city (and, frankly, most of Canada) that compares to those in the States. I was delighted when the "Priest" began its redemption of Toronto, where there's always been a paucity of good hamburgers. The patties seem to have been heavily influenced by In n' Out in the States (a worthy forebearer) - loosely packed and griddle-cooked to a crisp on a flattop. And they grind their own meat fresh daily. Greasy, flavorful and delicious.

It bears mentioning that this is modest burger, a diner classic with generic American cheese. Don't expect a gourmet pub burger. If you want a good bar burger cooked to order, Toronto isn't the place to find it. However, if you crave perfect beefy simplicity on a bun, then this is the place. BP is what I imagine McDonald's might have tasted like before Ray Kroc got his grubby hands on the franchise. If, like me, you recoil at the inedible assembly line crap served by most burger chains - then get saved, and find salvation at the Priest.

1  Thank yeahwrite