“Amazing experience!”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had the privilege to try TOCA at breakfast, lunch, dinner and for the Sunday brunch. Every time, the food was inventive, really full of flavour, yet simple and approachable. Located in the Ritz, my family and I had the posh experience, but were greeted in a warm and friendly way. I especially loved the sharing dishes - totally appropriate for a few people to share. The beef tartare was really well seasoned, the potato tiza were another treat. These 2 dishes were on the menu when I went for lunch. The price we paid was affordable, especially when choosing the business lunch option.

I would recommend trying the Sunday brunch, a buffet style with an omelet station, amazing salads, a fennel soup to die for, roasted venison and beef Wellington, lobster, a baked brie, a truffle creamy potato gratin, were only few of the dishes available that Sunday. The young chef and her brigade were really friendly and greeted many of the clients. Totally worth the price.

The personnel was also super friendly with my young son. All in all, an experience that surpasses expectations.

1 Thank OliveFoodie

• Korean first
Toronto
“What a shame!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant located in the very posh Ritz hotel is a sad reminder that a prestigious name does not necessarily mean quality.

We went there with the family for the New Year Brunch. At 90CAD the expectations were quite high. The brunch was buffet style. They had the meat section, hors d'oeuvres, breads, desserts,etc.

First thing we tried was the Ravioli pasta, it was horrible! The past was soggy, and the sauce tasted liked canned. It reminded me of my bachelor days when I used to buy those crappy pre-prepared pasta sauces. I tried the quail , it was bland, had no taste whatsoever. My wife tried the fish, it was fishy, tasted old and was not properly seasoned.
I also tried a bit of the Roast beef, it was raw. Basically you did not have the choice. The meat was either rare or raw, it was bloody. I like to eat my beef medium rare. It shows a very poor skill from the chef to have that kind of roast.

We were tired of the crappy food, anyhow we keep trying more dishes, we tried the steamed veggies, the salads, everything was very disappointing.

We moved on to desserts, the muffins were bad, I mean very bad. They tasted like pre-prepared mix. Something you will make if you were a 10 years old with a new baking set for starters. The other desserts did not have the right combination of flavors, they were awkward. The only dessert that were really good, were the mini cheese-cakes and the mini creme brulee; They were very yummy!. These and the good service from the waiter makes this review a two instead of a one.
Conclusion:
Do not go TOCA , it is not worth all that money.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LavanderiaChina
Toronto, Canada
“Great Ambiance”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Ritz. It's got great ambiance and the servers are very good but the food is a bit pricey for what you get. Lunch for a group of five cost over $250 and some of us only had a soup and salad.

The food was ok but clearly we paid for the ambiance.

London
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After splitting a load of the sharing dishes, a few of us on a table of 8 ordered the strip loin steak and were disappointed to find that it emerged cooked beyond the requested medium rare. Really, that shouldnt happen in a restaurant of this calibre.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“I Ams Sure It Will Improve”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I attended a business lunch for 10 people. The service is very friendly and professional. However, it was slow and they forgot one order. Unfortunately it was the main dish of the client we had invited. She was gracious, but not something you want to repeat. The food was very good, but just shy of excellent.

1 Thank Hunterboeuf