“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: SW corner of Richmond and Duncan
Description: Located on the rooftop of an old warehouse within Toronto's Entertainment District and accessible by a private elevator, The Fifth Grill & Terrace is an experience you should not miss. The press has called us 'a glamorous hideaway' and our terrace 'the best patio in Toronto'. Serving modern French cuisine created by award-winning executive chef JP Challet, The Fifth Grill and Terrace is well known for offering a personalized fine dining experience paired with charming ambiance. The dining room enjoys an eclectic décor with an inviting zinc bar, sofas in front of a wood burning fireplace and white linen covered tables creating a look of understated elegance. It is a perfect place for a private tête-à-tête, special celebration, business event or wedding. The Terrace, open year round, offers spectacular vistas of the city skyline and a cheerful atmosphere with summertime inspired décor and artifacts. A cocktail or dinner on the terrace comes with the promise of a carefree and relaxed evening. Both rooms are located on the fifth floor of a century old warehouse building in the heart of the Entertainment District and are accessed by an ancient, concierge operated elevator.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were in Toronto for the theatre and to celebrate my birthday. We had never heard of the 5th (we are from out of town), but in researching restaurants close to the hotel, my sister found good reviews. Summerlicious festival was on in Toronto at this time so there was a Prix Fix menu at $45 per person, and the menu looked promising. From the time we were greeted at the door and led to awaiting area where the elevator drive came and got us we were made to feel special. Each person we encountered knew our parties name and that we had tickets to the theatre. We had reservations on the terrace and went up in an old freight elevator. We were greeted there and led to our table. The atmosphere was great. We started with a gratis cocktail that was very good. Some of us ordered from the menu and some from the Summerlicious menu. All our meals were cooked to perfection. My dessert plate had happy birthday written in chocolate but there was no singing, clapping or noice makers much to my delight. The wait staff were aware of our theatre times and ensured our meal was timed appropriately without rushing us. At the end of the meal taxis were called for us and were waiting for us when we did the reverse trip back down to street level. I gave this experience five stars.

There are newer reviews for The Fifth Grill & Terrace

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was at this grill on a company dinner with 140 people.
A buffe that was good and enough to make all people sate.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went with a group of friends for dinner at the Grill. The food is excellent. The atmosphere is.....well....okay. There is nothing wrong with it, I just didn't think it was a big deal. An old textile factory.....yawn.
The elevator was interesting, and our hostess was a knockout.....but I'm not sure if it was worth the price.
I would go there again though......like I said the food is excellent......I just don't know if it is worth the price they charge for it. Maybe the rate is a Toronto thing.

Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Do not misunderstand me. The meats are cooked to perfection and are of excellent quality and the service is clean and efficient although a little too present.

But... There is nothing really fancy, creative or even original in the dishes, their composition and presentation.

The setting and ambiance are great but it still does not justify the price tag.

Go there to impress not to be surpised.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

service, food and value - so so
elevator, atmosphere and for the most part the wait staff- great :)