“Loud and cheap”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Another dinner before the show on a very very cold night in Toronto. Get as far away from the front door as you can in this weather as the draft is very bad. They have draped a heavy plastic curtain over the door and it help - cant imagine how bad it would be without it. Be careful as you are coming or going because it is a little cramped just inside the curtain.

Drink orders were slow and it was so loud in the place that we had trouble understanding our waiter. Lots of groups here...at least one party of 14.

Ordered the Caesar salad and it was very good...a little small for the price but still very good.

Ordered the rib steak medium...it came out when I was only half done the salad. So instead of keeping it warm in the kitchen the waiter put it on the table and let it sit there while I tried to finish the salad.

The steak was grossly underdone - but it was so dark that I didn't notice until almost finished - I guess that explains why they tabled the entrée so fast. It wasn't bloody...but clearly uncooked in the middle. Lots of fries which were very good.

Wife had trout and reports it was very good - but portion was very small...still hungry after we were done so she picked at some of my fries.

Great spot for loud parties and group interested in one of the hundreds of beers they serve and fries. No at all comfortable for a dinner with my wife before the show.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Arrived on a Thursday just before Christmas and the place was packed. Service did not suffer from the crowd. We were looking for schnitzel and there's is very good. Also fabulous selection of German beers.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great beer selection and good food, especially for the price. It's a comfy pub atmosphere too. Great service.

1  Thank Lydia13
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from trying this place out for the first time. The ambiance is exactly what you want in a pub. The seating is comfortable and efficient. The selection of beer is exceptional especially if you like Belgian beer. I was a bit disappointed that there was no selection from Ireland (still looking for Murphy's on tap in this town) but Fuller's was a good enough surrogate for me. The salad I had was great. The price was reasonable. The service was fine. This is a spot we will definitely go again and so should you.

3  Thank JamesII
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Been twice now. Great beers. Slightly overpriced for some (7 dollars for a 25cl). Great selection from all over the world. Tried a few. Service is attentive but not overbearing. Looking forward to going again before I leave.