“Mussels and Beer”

Neighborhood: Downtown West
Washington DC
“Mussels and Beer”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Although they have only three Mussel selections on the menu they are very good. They are cooked well and have nice broth. They have a large selection of good beer on tap to try with the Mussels. The service we had was excellent. Would have given it them an excellent rating if they had a few darker beers. Most of the selections are European lagers and Weissbier. We will be back.

• Visited April 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great selection of drafts, good food”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

First off, that question abive should be, 'With whom did you go?'
I was meeting two friends in downtown Toronto, and given we were arriving from three directions and were going to a 1 p.m. movie at Scotiabank cinemas, I went on-line to find pubs nearby. There were several within a block, just west of the theatre district, and Town Crier laid out its beers and its menu on-line. Good choice. It's in an old house, bright and cheery, with about 50 beers on tap, mostly European, good selection of English ales. I had a very good burger, a tad on the expensive side, but all of us enjoyed our food. I'd never seen Hobgoblin ale on draft before, only in bottles back in Winnipeg, and bonus points to our server --- I asked if I could have a couple of Hobgoblin coasters (cardboard) for our cottage, and he brought me half a dozen.

Norfolk County, Ontario
“I Wish I Was There Right Now”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

What a cool little place we stumbled upon! They have a small outdoor patio which is quite nice and surrounded by trees but it got a little cool so we headed inside where the ambiance was perfect. Casual yet tasteful decor with the friendliest staff this side of Newfoundland. The beer selection was great and the bartender knew his brews. The food was tasty but I found the portion size small.

Denver, Colorado
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Excellent selection of beers & liquors, without the outrageous Toronto prices. Go here if you're looking for a semi-exotic beer selection, with a nice local-vibe.

Visited March 2012
Burlington, On
“Very good pub”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I had lunch at the Town Crier with several co-workers and everyone had a good time. The food was excellent. The menu has mostly Belgian pub-style items but they also have burgers, etc... The tap selection is quite expansive and our server was quite helpful with good suggestions. The service was a bit slow as they were at capacity but otherwise it was a very good meal.