“I Wish I Was There Right Now”
Review of Town Crier Pub

Town Crier Pub
Ranked #415 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed March 28, 2012

What a cool little place we stumbled upon! They have a small outdoor patio which is quite nice and surrounded by trees but it got a little cool so we headed inside where the ambiance was perfect. Casual yet tasteful decor with the friendliest staff this side of Newfoundland. The beer selection was great and the bartender knew his brews. The food was tasty but I found the portion size small.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Excellent selection of beers & liquors, without the outrageous Toronto prices. Go here if you're looking for a semi-exotic beer selection, with a nice local-vibe.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I had lunch at the Town Crier with several co-workers and everyone had a good time. The food was excellent. The menu has mostly Belgian pub-style items but they also have burgers, etc... The tap selection is quite expansive and our server was quite helpful with good suggestions. The service was a bit slow as they were at capacity but otherwise it was a very good meal.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This reminded me of the pubs I went to when I worked in England. The food was good - like food in a lot of British pubs. Although this particular place is more German-focused in terms of food. We all shared the curry poutine - delicious appetizer (probably not so good for you but so tasty!). I had the spatzle and it was very good (the chicken was cut up into little pieces and cooked excellently). The portions are huge so I was super full after supper. Definitely a place to hang out with old friends and a place that I am going to come back to. They take reservations and I recommend it on weekends - nights.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

The food menu is too fancy for a pub, no nachos, and we had to special order the poutine. While the beer menu may list many varieties the server's knowlwdge didn't extend to the varieties of scotch availabe or martini reccomendations.
The patio is a great summer option to watch the floosies on ther way to the nearby clubs.
Maybe when this location becomes somthing else again it will be better?