“Estuvo deliciosa - this Venezuelan food is delicious - Gluten free!!”
Review of Arepa Cafe

Arepa Cafe
Ranked #709 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Arepa Cafe for the first time yesterday and the food was delicious. The "arepa" (A RAY pa) is as common in Venezuela as a hamburger in the US. A corn "pita pocket" has luscious fillings such as filet, spicy chicken or marinated flank steak. A thick and juicy sandwich, regardless of filling choice. Reasonable price. Some luscious desserts as well, including the tres leches specialty of the chef. A beautiful afternoon on the trendy Queen street in Toronto, the wall slides back, opening up to the street, and you are enjoying the sunshine and a great, reasonably priced lunch. We'll go back. Makes me want to go to Venezuela!

There are newer reviews for Arepa Cafe

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Another recommendation from a family friend and it did not disappoint. I've been meaning to try this place on the last few trips to Toronto and it never worked out. Wish I hadn't waited this long to get to try their food - it was delicious. The service was great & friendly and overall this is a place I'll be coming back to visit each time I'm in Toronto. Be sure to have the Sugarcane Lemonade and their Curvy Queen Arepa - stuffed with roasted chicken and LOTS of avocado. I promise you'll love them.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food, but the service was not the best. The guy taking care of our table kept flirting with some girls and completely ignored us, we had to ask for drinks and dessert twice before he remembered to bring any.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Arepa Cafe is the only spot in Toronto where you can have an authentic Venezuelan meal (that I know of). For Venezuelans, it brings a little piece of home and for those that are unfamiliar with it, it offers an exciting new taste. I frequent it often and it is usually full. It's perfect for lunch!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stumbled on this cafe while on our way to catch a show at Velvet Underground. What a quaint little Venezuelan cafe...did not even know arepas existed until we came here! I had a chicken & avocado wrap (called Curvy Queen on the menu) and it was so tasty! Perhaps I'm biased since I love everything avocado...and the sure did not skimp out on it! The bread they used to wrap their fillings (Arepa) are apparently made from corn, so it's basically corn bread, which they grilled to perfection. We also tried the flank steak, aka Carne Mechada, but unanimously agreed the chicken was the winner. Nice find for a quick meal or snack!