“My new favourite retreat spot”
Front entrance of he Bay Window B&B & Bicycles, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B bedroom with Queen bed. Bay Window B&B private patio for guests, summer 2014.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Front entrance of he Bay Window B&B & Bicycles, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B bedroom with Queen bed.
Bay Window B&B private patio for guests, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B shared patio, summer 2014.
The Island Cafe is a well loved island owned and operated phenomenon. Breakfast is served here.
Garden blooms, summer 2014.
View of Toronto from Ward's Island.The Bay Window B&B is 2 minutes from a shore view of the city.
Ward's Island winter 2007.
Christmas tree burning on the beach 2014.
A curious fox in winter on our patio, winter 2011.
Harbour skating, winter 2014.
WE have a tandem quadricycle to rent for $40/day.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Rebecca H
“My new favourite retreat spot”
Reviewed October 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I just got back from one of the best trips I've ever had. I've been all over the world, but this trip was less than an hour by transit from where I live--no jet lag! At this time of year, the island is beautiful and nearly empty, so it was the perfect spot for the contemplative weekend I was looking for. The Bay Window B and B was comfortable, quiet and peaceful. Inese brought delicious breakfasts to my room on both mornings, and the rest of the time she let me be--just what I was looking for. Inese was warm and welcoming, and her place was the perfect spot for me to write and come back to after biking and walking in the wind, listening to the waves. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Traveling group: Solo
Jacquelin...
Toronto, Canada
“Dorm style accommodation on a beautiful island in Toronto”
Reviewed September 8, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed two nights at Bay Window B&B and although we had a wonderful three day experience, it was the setting of the island in Toronto's harbour that made it so special and not our stay in the B&B. The B&B was not terrible, but it was not amazing either - just okay. If you read the other reviews carefully, you will note the same sentiment in between the lines. The room on offer at Bayside B&B is down a path along the side if the owner's cottage. It is a small room with space to put your bag down and walk up alongside the bed. You won't be unrolling your yoga mat here unless you are very compact in your poses. Pretty windows were along one wall but it was not a special view - just a fence. The bathroom is very tiny and was spotlessly clean. There is no access to a common lounge area as in other B&Bs. What you are paying for and getting is this room and a nondescript sitting area outside where the bicycles are stacked. A kettle and small refrigerator are provided. We had to unplug the fridge in the middle of our first night as it made such a loud noise when the motor came on and off that it woke us up repeatedly. Breakfast is provided over at the Island Cafe which was pleasant enough on a warm summer day. I am not sure that I would want to sit on a chilly verandah on a cold, rainy day. We brought our own bicycles and spent our days exploring, swimming at the beach, canoeing and doing watercolours. The weather was balmy which made for a pleasant experience. We had lunch and dinner at the wonderful Rectory Cafe which has great food and really nice staff. I have stayed at many B&Bs that were so very comfortable that it was hard to be enticed to get out and see the area. This B&B is very much a functional place to leave your belongings safely, bathe and sleep. We were charged $160/night with a two night minimum. Was it worth it? Let's just say that I'm not tempted to spend the night at this B&B again although I will watch for other opportunities to spend time on Toronto's islands.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location on the island
Liked least: The room is very small.
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 2, 2015
I am regretful that you and your twins did not have a good experience Jacqueline. Since you did not communicate with me during your stay I had no idea that you were unhappy.
Inese

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
SKhan83
Toronto, Canada
“Great place but the last day spoiled it all for us”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We instantly fell in love with the island, with this place and the hosts the moment we landed. The room was very comfortable, Inese's house was beautiful and waking up to the chirping of birds was the best experience. We already made plans of coming back and recommended this BnB to some of our friends. Our hosts were very warm and friendly, only until the day of our checkout. The day of checkout my 2yr old threw tantrums just at the last minute and we were 5 minutes late in checking out. The rude attitude of the host and the way she spoke to us for being literally 5 minutes late spoiled the entire day - the entire stay. Her words and the attitude kept bothering us all day and we decided never to come back to this place again. I made an effort to call every single friend I recommended this place, to reconsider and be prepared for any spoilers. Highly disappointed with the attitudes!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The room and its location
Liked least: Attitude of the owner
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jessica F
Toronto, Canada
“Paradise B&B minutes from the big city”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We were looking for a quick and affordable getaway close to home and this place was perfect. It was amazing how much we relaxed and enjoyed the atmosphere of the Island in only a couple of days. Inese was lovely, the room was great, breakfast was delicious. We really enjoyed using the bikes to explore the Island, which - because of the time of year and the fact that it was mid-week - we practically had to ourselves. Totally magical, will definitely go back :)

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: because of the time of year, there was nowhere to go for dinner on the island and we had no access to a kitchen, so we had a picnic for dinner. Not a big deal, but really the only slight downside.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
England
Reviewed November 13, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Value Location
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Scotland
Reviewed October 5, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: The comfort, cleanliness and the people.
Traveling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing