“Outstanding home cooking” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aragvi Restaurant - CLOSED

Aragvi Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: North York
Description: WE HAVE MOVED! Our new location is 2006 Highway 7 in Vaughan; 1 light West of Centre St. Our Toronto location is no longer in operation. Come check us out at our new home!
Montreal, Canada
“Outstanding home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This delicious meal featured dishes with which I was not really familiar. From the first bite it was obvious that the chef owner understood seasoning and cooked with great passion. The layers of flavor in each dish were outstanding and the food was complimented by the excellent and warm service provided by the chef's wife and son. Try every item on the menu!

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank MajorMark231

Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The moment I arrived, I was greeted with nothing but smiles and an aroma that left me convinced that I'm about to have the best meal of my life.

Wonderful staff, excellent menu, quick service.

I ended the day with a few shots with the owner and was on my merry way home.

10/10 WOULD EAT AGAIN.

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank Kevin S
New York, New York, United States
“Best Georgian cuisine ever (but don't tell my mom).”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I happen to be Georgian and am fortunate enough to have my mom make me this amazing, spicy, flavorful food at home, but my first (and definitely not last) visit to this restaurant was beyond anything I ever had at our table! Everything was made from scratch, and had an immense amount of flavour. I wouldn't dare tell my mom but they've outdone her! We ordered the appetizer platter which I would highly recommend. I especially liked the eggplant rolls, beet salad and eggplant dip. I also had the hachipuri. Be WARNED. This is one of the most cheesy, gooey, delicious breads you'll ever put in your mouth. Lastly I had the vegetable cabobs which were nicely grilled and perfectly seasoned. I can guarantee that it will appeal to those who appreciate ethnic food over boring North American food, and I am absolutely going to come back here when I am in Toronto again.

• Visited September 2013
10 Thank Elena S
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was closed without any warning on the entrance door!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We came to Aragvi restaurant after seeing numerous ads in Russian TV channels all showing. I love Georgian cuisine, we were in Toronto for a day and decided to have lunch there (looked at ther webpage the day before the ttrip, no warnings ...).
The plaza where Aragvi is located did not look very inviting, though it was not a big problem for me. The problem was that the restaurant was closed, though the sign on the door was telling that it is supposed to be open. The only information I was able to get from multiple ads displayed on the doors was that the establishment passed 'safety' audit. Never saw anything like this on the doors of any restaurant in the plain view. It made me thinking that there were problems there, something wasn't right in the first place. Anyway, even if you want to have a good Georgian food, do not go the the Aragvi, they are not expecting you

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Eric P, Manager at Aragvi Restaurant, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Luba,

thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are a small family restaurant. Unfortunately we had a family emergency and were unable to open the restaurant that day. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We would like to offer you a complimentary dinner for you +2. If you would like to take advantage of this please call the restaurant and show your ID when you arrive so we know that it is you. Again Luba, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Aragvi
Toronto, Canada
“Home-made goodness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've honestly never tasted food at a restaurant that feels like home-made food. It was delicious!!! The service was good and fast compared to other places where sometimes you have to wait 5-10 minutes for someone just to approach you. I don't normally go to restaurants like this but a friend took me and i was very surprised with my experience. Definitely recommended!!

• Visited June 2013