The Marquis Lounge & Bistro - Hilton Garden Inn Toronto
Cross street: Adelaide and Peter
Transit: Closest stop is at the corner of King St and Peter St
“almost perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Dinner- Hubby's hamburger was delicious, nicely seasoned. My rib eye steak sandwich was on the tough side.
Breakfast - Outstanding. Lots to choose from, hot breakfast made to order, great pastries. Yummy!!

Brampton, Canada
“Good Breakfast in Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Friendly, open bistro serving a full breakfast, in the hotel with a great location.

1 Thank Terry314
Hamilton, Canada
“Good Food Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

The restaurant was almost deserted on Friday night, just us and one other table. We ordered the chicken stir fry and seafood pasta. I am a bit picky and they were happy to make the pasta with only shirmp instead of a mixture. The servings were good size and the food arrived extremely hot and fresh.

We found it to be quite expensive--we only had water, no appetizers or anything else and with tip it came to $65. $25 for chicken stir fry is too much in my opinion--but it was good.
(we had a hotel voucher towards dinner so that helped)

The servers were very attentive and food was served very quickly.

Visited February 2012
“Perfect service... Okay food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had the tenderloin with mushrooms and sautéed mushrooms the steak was typical restaurant quality but must say the chef grilled it perfectly one of the few people that know what med to well means. Girlfriend had Trinidad mahi mahi that was a delicious fish but the mash wasn't so good even though a something new. Best of all the staff were excellent they were attentive friend and brought bread as soon as we ran out thank you guys.. Lastly considering I'm a student it costed pretty expensive $95 bill plus $15 tip. Hope this helps

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pickering
“Spikes of consistency regarding food but the service is great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I visited The Marquis Lounge & Bistro on two occasions. Our first time was November 2011and our second was December, 2011.

In November, our appetizer was the British Columbia Crab Cakes, they were excellent, very moist, the right amount of seasonings to make it flavourful.

Their bread is served warm with a dilled butter; we thought that was a very nice touch.

My main course was a Taste of Trinidad. To be honest, I expected more but in all fairness, I was comparing it with the Mahi Mahi in St. Lucia.

My wife’s main course was the Ontario Beef Tenderloin. It was served with garlic mashed potatoes. The steak was tender and the garlic mashed potatoes complimented the meal well.

For desert, we both had the classic cheesecake. It was one of the best cheesecakes I’ve had!

Our second visit in December, we had the same appetizer. My wife the Going, Going... Goan, Goan Style Snapper. She thought it could have been better,
I had the The French Connection. That was really good. The chicken was really tasty. I substituted the roast potatoes for mashed. The camembert drizzled with a bourbon cream sauce complimented the potatoes nicely.
We both went for the cheesecake again. This time we were disappointed because as opposed to it being a slice, it was about a 8 - 9” diameter which much smaller portion and it tasted like it was in the fridge too long. We brought it to our waitress attention, she checked with the chef who said that it was fresh.

The service we received was warm and welcoming. Our waitress was outstanding. She smiled, was knowledgeable, friendly and we thought she took good care of us.

The atmosphere is warm and intimate; the décor is very well coordinated.

Before visiting a third time, I would inquire about the cheesecake. Sometimes the desert can be the deciding factor because it is supposed to elevate your experience, lol.

Mardy W. Dixon