“Fresh ingredients, nice outdoor seating”
Review of O&B Canteen

O&B Canteen
Reserve with OpenTable
O&B Canteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #483 of 8,946 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King and John Streets
Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on Yonge-University Spadina line, north west corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King St. (504) streetcar to John St.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This restaurant is in a good location. CN tower is just a few blocks away. The patio is great for people watching. Menu is pretty eclectic, but there is something for everyone on it. I got the tuna with soba noodles and my husband got the chicken sandwich. They were both awesome.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went here for brunch, which is a little deceiving as there's a limited brunch menu.
They cannot do substitutions as they're pre prepared (At least we were told that)
Their fresh squeezed orange juice is delivered daily...during the week. This was Sunday...not so fresh. We sat down and were waiting for some friends. the waiter asked us if we wanted coffee and we said yes. 10min. later we flagged down the waiter and asked for coffee he responded you want coffee now? He was a little off and hard to get the whole meal and bill time.

The good! Nice location. Great patio if it's warm enough.
The food was very good. We all ordered something different and we all really liked our meals.
It wasn't priced outrageous. 4 of us with tip $65

One funny thing is their seasonal ingredients omelets.
We asked what's in them.
The waiter told us goat cheese and tomatoes.
So I asked him if the seasonal ingredients were the tomatoes.
When I asked if I could have a mushroom omelet he told me they couldn't change anything.
It may not sound it but we did enjoy this place.
The food is good! (Which helps) The location is also really good.
I would go here again!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm from out of town but I've been to the O and B a couple times and I've always found the place to have a nice bumping atmosphere with good food. I really recommend their braised rabbit and kale pasta. Just fantastic! A great spot both during weekday lunches and dinners and a nice bite before heading to the theatres or other nightlife downtown for out of towers. The clean glass and metallic feel with a high open ceiling and large chalkboard-esque type wall menu give it a modern chic appeal. Kudos to the designers.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I live nearby and the Canteen is my favorite breakfast & brunch place in Toronto. Located in the immaculate TIFF building, the interior is nice and modern and also has nice covered patio seating at the corner of the busy King & John intersection. The service is excellent, always coming by to check if everything is fine. The manager, Ari, always comes by to say hello, which is nice. I switch between my two favorite breakfast meals - the "O&B canteen breakfast" and the "eggs benedict". But are excellent. The former is a very filling meal with eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, excellent home fries and a piece of quality bread. Everything is of good quality (no cheap piece of toast or potatoes!) and I like their special spicy ketchup for the home fries. The eggs benny is a bit less filling but very nicely prepared (comes with homefries also) and delicious.

I have been here many times and has never been disappointing.

There is also a counter for some takeout (sandwiches, pastries, etc). The breakfast butty sandwich is very good, in addition to the brioche and smoked salmon sandwiches. Everything looks pretty good to be honest.

The only drawback I can think of is that it is a bit pricey. My brunches (with coffee, tax and tip) always run $20+ at minimum. But considering the location and quality, it is to be expected.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ate at the Canteen last night on mine and my partners first night in Toronto whilst visiting from the UK. We are both in hospitality so often find it difficult to eat out but I must say we were so happy we decided on Canteen. On arrival it was full but they managed to get us a table within 15 minutes. My partner had the Steak and I had the Burger. Both cooked wonderfully and tasted delicious. Service too was great, we were served by Lucas who was particularly friendly and welcoming and we enjoyed talking to him about the things to do in Toronto. Value for Money (going on what else we'd seen locally) seemed fair and this was confirmed by the quality of our experience. Overall a great little find that we would highly recommend and will definitely be back before we leave. Good job!!!