“Excellent ambiance and service”
Review of Luma

Luma
Reserve with OpenTable
Luma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: King and John Streets
Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on the Yonge-University Spadina line, north east corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King Street line to John Street.
Description: Paying homage to Toronto's rich, cultural landscape, Luma's menu showcases global and Canadian artisanal cuisine featuring the finest local and regional ingredients. Our menu is the perfect complement to the warm, inviting dining room, designed with rich woods, leather and stone and outstanding floor to ceiling views of King Street West. Luma is open for lunch on weekdays and dinner from Monday to Saturday. Drinks and light dining are also available in the lounge. Enjoy innovative cocktails and a rich, diverse wine list.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The location, ambiance and service are all are all outstanding - I've been here twice now and the service in particular has been excellent both times. Staff are friendly and helpful and pleasant and nice. Both times I was with friends and spent a lot of time catching up and there was no push to move us along or speed us up to turn over our table.

The food is good too - but it's a bit pricey so this might be more of a 'special occasion' choice than a 'dinner before the movies' locale. I've had the short ribs and steak frites and a lemon curd dessert and all were very good. Actually - the standards for consistency seem to be quite high and the kitchen actually remade my chicken rather than sending out something they were not happy with. In fact I only knew because several members of the wait staff apologized for a delay I hadn't really noticed myself.

There is also cheap parking right in the building if you are going for dinner after 6 - just $5 on weeknight and $10 on weekends which are both a steal for that neighbourhood.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have to say……………yes I had a nice evening……….yes my meal was good……….yes the dinning room was nice and the service was great……..BUT. It felt a little generic. It totally lacked originality. I felt like I was sitting in a tourist hot spot not a place locals come. Just my opinion….to be taken with salt.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Luma's menu is full of new taste combinations. They begin with unique cocktails such as the gingery Pear's Prince and Eastern Squall. Ever had trout salad? Delicious! So was the tofu, edamame and pepper combination. Desserts include a spectacular lemon tart with pistachio and SOUR CREAM ICE CREAM and a steamed banana pudding with BURNT MARSHMALLOW ICE CREAM. It was wonderful to find surprises with each choice of course at Luma.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Since our anniversary was just a day away and we would be on The Canadian Via Rail, I decided to try to surprise my husband, which is a major accomplishment if it is pulled off. I booked our reservation and had a special floral arrangement deliver.

The restaurant was very modern in décor and dinner menu choices which moved me out of my comfort zone and it was well worth it. The food was excellent as was the service.

When the manager heard that I had surprised my husband, yes he had no clue, she brought us a complementary glass of champagne.

1  Thank vtcain
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I know this is a 'fine dinning' kind of restaurant and portions are not that friendly for the price you pay. We came for Summerlicious; this was supped to be an anniversary lunch for my girlfriend and I, and it turned out to be a little disappointing. Food portions of the same appetizers, entrees and desserts were NOT equally the same size. Some diners had less of a portion of their meal while others had way more. Shouldn't it all be the same? Not only that, but the desserts did not even look alike! The beef brisket was cold when it arrived at our table; you could tell it was sitting out for awhile. The one serve we had really needed to up his serving skills unlike the other servers who were nice and told us what each item consisted of, and seemed happy to serve us. This guy on the other hand, leaned on the wall so casually and asked how everything was. And that was all. Never did he ask if we needed anything and didn't come to our table during the whole time we were there. We tipped about 15% and he didn't seem happy at all and just said "thanks" in a monotone voice and walked away. No thank you for our business, have a good day, or nothing! Half Asian-White server really needs to be more polite and grateful.