TripAdvisor

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Yorkville / Avenue Road
Description: Yorkville's Cibo Wine Bar...BIG BOLD & life is BEAUTIFUL Now open, Cibo is the newest Italian eatery in the Yorkville area. Created by Liberty Entertainment Group, this bold and beautiful space is a blend of old world rustic and modern industrial chic. HAND-MADE TRADITIONAL ITALIAN CIBO... a true taste of authentic southern cooking fresh made amongst patrons at the open kitchen counter. 2500 BOTTLES OF VINO in a soaring award-winning wine room. From Cibo's INDUSTRIAL CHIC vibrant bar area to the casual Yorkville Avenue patio, every corner turned offers a distinctly different experience. When in Yorkville, this space cannot be missed!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely foccaia bread to start with great olives and peppers... so tasty - lovely wine choices - too many to choose from and wonderful pasta - Shrimp with a touch of red sauce and Marscapone and Pesto - it was amazaing. Nice ambiance. Christian was very helpful and attentive.

Date of visit: September 2019
Liberty G, Marketing Coordinator at Cibo Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience at Cibo Wine Bar. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best,
Sarah K.
Marketing Coordinator
Liberty Entertainment Group

Write a reviewReviews (284)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is good - nice atmosphere, attentive waiting staff, decent music is the background.
The food however is another story. I had read a few not so good reviews about the food but decided to go there as it was close to where I was staying in Toronto.
Since I was already a bit skeptical about the food going in, I decided to order one of the simplest Italian dish thinking they would probably not mess it up.
I ordered the bolognese tagliatelle. It ended up being one of the most insipid bolognese I have ever eaten! The sauce was bright orange in colour (looked almost like they’d mixed turmeric powder in it) and the meat had no flavour nor texture (probably minced it a bit too fine).
Its well and truly and insult to Italian food if I’m being perfectly honest.
The wine list is good (I’ll give credit where is due) the cocktails however are ‘not’ good and should probably be avoided - so stick to the wine if you intend drinking.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

I visited this restaurant as I was travelling alone and it was opposite my hotel. It was Saturday night and I didn’t have a reservation but they managed to seat me in a nice position which was great. After a few minutes a server came to take my drinks order and my wine and regular water came quite quickly. I then waited about 25 minutes but no-one came to take my food order even though there were plenty of staff wizzing around. Eventually I caught someone’s attention and asked if I could order some food. I was on my own and felt as though I was invisible. I wasn’t in a hurry but I did want to eat. My appetiser came after about 10 minutes. It was nice but needed some salt. There wasn’t any on the table so again I tried to catch a servers attention. She was clearing a table and said yes no problem but then continued to clear and then set the table. By the time I received my salt I had finished my appetiser! I didn’t wait too long for my pizza which was a bit burned around the edges but it was quite nice. The atmosphere in the restaurant was really good, the food was ok but the service was poor. In fact when I came to pay the server put the card machine on my table then disappeared again. I couldn’t leave the gratuity of my choice as the button didn’t work and there was no-one to help so I didn’t leave any gratuity. All of the servers seemed busy busy but didn’t give much attention to their customers, they were just seemed to be ‘in a hurry’. I had plenty time to observe and it wasn’t just me who received lousy service!

1  Thank jaynell
Reviewed September 13, 2019

The food is average at best and an insult to be called Italian food. The service, atmosphere, décor, drinks and people watching is all really great but the food is a 2.5 to 3. Great for after work drinks.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

We had dinner for 20 - which was very well done. Lots of very good food, great service and not very expensive.