“Not only the hotel is spectacular but the staff makes it even better!”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 2, 2014

From the moment we arrived to this magnificent hotel the staff made us feel l special
Fist they upgraded our reservation to a suite and they said that we would feel like home , and
It was true as it even has a fireplace! The bedroom , the bathroom all impeccable!
And the best of all..the staff ! They were extremely helpful and made every effort to make us feel
Comfortable and special and the concierges gave us always the right info about what to do
In Toronto.
The location is also perfect for walking around town as shops and restaurants are just there.
Great experience absolutely recommendable!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was blown away by the one bedroom suite at Trump. There was not a thing I could complain about. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive. And the room was truly opulent. The room was spotless and everything appeared in new condition. When we checked in I was told of their pillow menu where we could choose from 14 pillows. Alas I was so busy with work and dinner plans, I did not get a chance to indulge.

Things that jumped out: heated floors in bath, tv in bathroom mirror, very comfortable bed. Lighting panel at doors and by bed stands where you can set morning, evening, etc lighting. The room was also very quiet. Unlike most hotels I've stayed at, not once did I hear other guests. Not in the hall. Not in the mornings.

But I suppose what impressed me as much as the beauty of the he rooms was that the staff consistently provided service on par with the room. Also there was free internet. Unlike some hotels you can hook up multiple devices to the wifi. I had ipad, iPhone and laptop connected without issue.

So while no complaints, here are some minor thoughts on improvements: the iPod Dock on the alarm clock was not compatible to iPhone 5. So while my colleagues could not dock their iPhones, I was "fortunate" enough to be still using the 4s. Also Things are a bit pricey but that is to be expected. And while I didn't eat at the restaurant (just drinks) my colleagues felt their meals were average.

Beyond that, probably top 3 hotel experiences.

Room Tip: Corner suites are preferable. Four of us had suites and one had the corner unit. It had a better lay...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BigToeFur
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My significant other and I stayed at the Trump last week prior to our wedding in Toronto. As two gay men we were concerned that there might be a problem with this, however the staff of the hotel made us feel wonderfully welcome, comfortable, and very happy. Both Ben and Jonathan on the Front Desk consistently remembered us, and never failed to ask about our stay, our needs and about our wedding which occurred on Friday evening. They were available to help with special arrangements and both were warm, friendly and genuine. Genevieve, the concierge, also was exceedingly helpful in arranging restaurant reservations, a personal tour of Toronto and was warm, kind and helpful.

We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite that really only needed a kitchen to become an apartment. It was beautifully decorated, and comfortable and even had a fireplace. The bathroom was spacious, and marble with a large soaking tub and separate shower. The lights and drapery were controlled electronically from keypads throughout the suite. It was one of the nicest suites I have stayed in, in my years of traveling.

I recommend the Trump Toronto without reservation and plan to return many, many times in the future.

Room Tip: Suites are wonderful, and higher floors have better views
2  Thank drdennis2
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband organized a one night weekend stay for our 15th wedding anniversary, including a massage (for me only) at the 31st floor 'Quartz Spa'.
Total cost - $622.49 (excluding dinner & breakfast) ... special occasion YES, but the normal person simply could not afford this! Room $295 @ corporate discount rate; 4x drinks @ $59.64; parking $50 (no car wash!); 50min massage $150+$10 tip - not sure where the other $19.50 charge came from???
We were offered an upgrade upon check-in ($100 fee) but did not take it.
We really did have an fabulous child-free night away. The staff were magnificent- very friendly & polite; they seemed to be everywhere, ready to assist before being asked; welcomed my husband by name on arrival! The bed was simply luxurious. The spa was fantastic and my massage therapist, Stella, was AMAZING!!! The setting/ambience in both bars was great (upstairs for romance, downstairs for sport). The chocolate-covered strawberries placed in our room on arrival were delicious and a very thoughtful addition. Location was brilliant but getting to the hotel was a nightmare with the closure of the Gardiner and the myriad of one-way streets within close proximity!!
Easy walk to Eaton Centre, Nathan Phillips Square, The Bay, Restaurants/Bars etc.
We dined at THE SENNATOR(249 Victoria St.)-comfort north american diner food, and ate breakfast at BANNOCK(401 Bay St.)-top rate coffee for ex-pats and superb food.
Would consider staying again - but only for a VERY special occasion or if paid for by employer.
As nice as the experience was, prices are just too over-the-top for this sensible chick!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I decided to stay for a long weekend after experiencing "Trump" excellence in Hawaii.
Considering that this hotel, in our opinion, is right in the heart of downtown Toronto the corner one bedroom suite was spacious and extremely comfortable. After a weary drive from the Airport (the GPS decided to take us on a sightseeing tour of the whole of Toronto which was interesting), the check in was a smooth as silk. One thing I will say the Hotel address is on Bay Street but the valet parking entrance is on Adelaide Street just around the corner (GPS users beware).
Without exception every single member of staff that we met was exemplary in their friendliness, politeness and courtesy. We often had to have the car retrieved and parked at least twice a day and this was done by the valet staff with a smile and cheerfulness!
Drinks at the bar in the lobby were very good as was the dinner we had at the restaurant. And the late night scene in the restaurant bar was vibrant, comfortable and again drinks were well priced.
The question is would we stay again and the answer is an emphatic yes!
Great hotel, great time, and as Arnold said "I'll be back"!

Room Tip: Spend more time actually in the room than we did! Never even turned on any of the TV's nor use a...
1  Thank Belgarion
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family stayed at the Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto in August 2013. From the moment we set foot onto this property, we were greeted with warm smiles and a tray of chilled bottled waters.

Upon check-in, we were immediately upgraded and escorted to our suite, which was beautifully appointed with modern decor and luxurious details. During our stay, we took advantage of the several of the hotel's amenities including the exquisite spa facility and the delicious onsite restaurant, Stock. My husband says his steak was one of the best he's ever eaten.

Without a doubt, we will be staying at this property again when we return to Toronto. We've stayed at several 5-star hotels, but this one tops the list for us. Special thanks to the amazing staff for delivering a truly memorable experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BeaconHill2013
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a great stay at the Trump hotel. We stayed for one night in a superior room. I booked online through email and was not told about the parking charges. The valet did not mention ANY charges at all. I would have parked somewhere else if I knew parking was $50.00 a night! Nowhere on their site is this charge listed.

After our stay during checkout I was given a folded up package that was my receipt. I should have checked in the hotel but I checked in the car and they charged for 2 cars when I only brought one to the property. Apparently a black volvo was assigned to my room when I DONT OWN A VOVLO! If I hadn't looked at the receipt, they would have gotten away with the charge. Not to mention I was NEVER told about the parking charge to begin with. Very, very shady by the Trump hotel. It sucks because everything else was magnificent. But I cannot return to a property with such shady tactics.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple