“A Higher Level of Service & Quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto

Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Ranked #3 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener, Canada
“A Higher Level of Service & Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Though it makes my liberal heart ache a little, I will say one thing about the Trump Brand: they UNDERSTAND customer service philosophy, and do it like few others in the city. This property bends over backwards to make you feel welcome, above and beyond.

Stayed here for only one evening in June, and were offered an upgrade to a suite and a 4:00 PM checkout for a nominal cost. These rooms are elegant and trendy, without coming across cold and soulless like some other properties in Downtown Toronto. They are certainly not pretentious.

I think there may be an (incorrect) assumption that driving up to this hotel in a Hyundai, rather than a Jaguar will yield less than favourable service. Nothing could be further from the truth; the staff here is kind and attentive, showing empathy and treating everyone like royalty.

The in-room breakfast was tremendous, and very reasonably priced for the quality (and quantity) received.

And TV in the bathroom mirror. Love it.

The ONLY thing that was an issue (and it is a terribly minor thing) is that the chocolate in the mini-bar was past its best-before date. A very minor detail which we didn't even bother to report to the staff. Though, if we did, I am one hundred percent confident that the issue would have been rectified, and promptly.

As I continue the quest to find a property in Downtown Toronto with which to remain loyal, I am thinking Trump is head and shoulders above most others when one is looking to get a bit "splashy". I really can't wait to return, and sample the dinner menu, and other services that we simply did not have time for.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite -- it is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kam D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is what I expected from a Trump Hotel and then some.

Service was over the top. I felt like royalty. More importantly, after I forgot something important in my room after check out that I needed urgently, the desk staff made a concerted effort to help me find the item quickly. This said something about the people who have been hired, not just the systems in place.

It is difficult to rate my room because I was upgraded to a Suite when I arrived, as there was a special promotion. The room I had was stunning. Large, beautiful, opulent. It may not be representative of other rooms, But I sense the quality for all rooms is comparable, even though the suites give you a bigger room and possibly more amenities.

I found the rates that I was charged to be reasonable for a hotel at this level and the location great. I suspect the rates may begin to creep up as this new hotel starts to fill up, but until then, this is a great choice.

I heard that the food in the hotel was crazy over priced, but I went out to eat so didn't check.

Room Tip: This is a busy part of town. I suggest higher up is better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadianTravelReview
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Both concierges,Andrea & Genevieve, with whom I dealt with during my 4 days at the Trump hotel were exceptional. So courteous, professional,helpful & patient! It was my first trip toToronto & they made it so interesting and enjoyable. Great service throughout this well located property...I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed there for a one week seminar.
Lighting of the rooms have been thought, room size is generous, the swimming pool on the 32th floor is great and big enough for real swims.
Didin't like the lobby, to small, but the rooms are great and luxurious.

Loved it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Aside from the five star amenities, Trump provides guests with a unique style of customer service by delivering a sense of "personal touch" to any individual who walks through their door. I had a great experience and will continue to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite for 2 nights. We were spoiled rotten. The service was top notch. My favourite was the tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Can't forget the turndown service. The only complaint is that the heated floor in one of the bathrooms was out of service. :(

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights in July '13. At check-in, they automatically upgraded our standard suite to a deluxe suite. We knew then Trump Hotel was all about making sure we had a memorable stay. Upon arrival to our room, noticed the pull out sofa bed was already made for our two children with a feather topper and kids bathrobes/slippers on either side of the sofa bed. If you travel with children you know how uncomfortable those sofa beds are. This was not the case at Trump Hotel. From the decor to the electronic panel on the walls (controls lighting, drapes, even heated bathroom floor) to the in-room nescafe machine, I was definitely won over. The impeccable service and their attention to detail is second to none. Our stay at Trump Hotel in Toronto was so wonderful, our next destination, Four Season's in Boston seemed less than stellar. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: One bedroom suite is more than enough space for a family of 4--900sq, if I remember correctly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family