“Elegance and comfort beyond compare!”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Elegance and comfort beyond compare!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

From the moment I arrived at this luxurious hotel, I was tested like a VIP! The people at the front desk went above and beyond when I requested a room that was not attached. I travel with a large group so I do not like to be kept up by the sometimes boisterous activities of my younger co-workers. I was immediately upgraded 10 floors higher to a 1bedroom king apt!!!! Pinch me!

Although the lobby of this hotel is tiny the rooms were anything but. I had a private butler show me to my room and give me a tour of all the unique features of this 5 star hotel. Including all electronic lighting, heated bathroom floors, electronic drapes, soaking tub, rain shower etc...

The turn down service was a special little reminder at the end of the day that you're a VIP! With a robe, slippers, personal mat for your feet by your bed, mineral water, bedside chocolate, and a menu for your morning breakfast order, you already felt the luxury before hopping into simply THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED ON EARTH!!!!!!!! And that's the truth!

Walking distance to anything you need including restaurants, shopping, and convenience items. But take advantage of the 31st floor for spectacular views of Toronto! A wonderful experience all around.

Room Tip: Ask for something detached!! And get an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband & I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Trump Toronto. The hotel and staff were first class. No detail was overlooked. The room was gorgeous, spacious, with lovely extra touches.Great views from the gym & pool. Super location.

The staff were very friendly & helpful, without exception from start to finish of our trip. Highly recommended if you are thinking of staying here!!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a corner suite on the 20th floor, lovely!!
1 Thank Anne S
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by staying at a suite at the Trump Hotel in Toronto and going on the town. The service that we received was beyond any that we have experienced at any hotel. Staff were courteous, response and helpful. Everyone seemed to congratulate us on our anniversary. In particular, we want to thank Ben, at the front desk, who went out of his way to make us feel welcome. What a wonderful hotel!!!

3 Thank Joel H
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have never stayed in a better hotel. It describes perfection.

The service was impeccable. The concierge, genevieve, went out of her way to assist us. She had great recommendations, got us into exclusive bars and helped us a lot during our trip. We stayed here for 2 nights and even though the rooms are around $400 it is DEFINITELY worth it. The turn down service was amazing, we were even given little chocolates. The hotel is central, quiet and beautiful. In our bathroom we had a view of the Toronto city.

If you have the money STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathroom which looks over Toronto city. These rooms are epic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leah B
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a romantic staycation. There was a little snafu for me at check in that was rectified before too long. And the staff graciously sent up a chocolate decadent tray as compensation for the oversight. I loved the room. It was perfect setting for a staycation. The service was remarkable. Enjoyable meals in the restaurant. Well worth the extra money to stay in a luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yyz_kat
Toulon, France
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Anything with Donald Trump's name on it means my radar for poor-taste, over-the-top and in your face is already on high alert. I dislike the man intensely too - but for better or worse, I was booked into this monstrosity by work.

Trump apparently says that a "g-grreat hotel stay" starts before check-in and it sets the tone for the whole experience. He's right - but they try too hard. How many times do I have to be asked how I am or welcomed in 150 meters?

The rooms are of course brand new and very nice - big windows and pretty spacious - I had a deluxe room which had everything you expect - including free wifi. But nothing more.

It's more BMW or Mercedes - efficient, not bad design - but no soul - and a bit too American for me. I prefer Alfa Romeo - quirky, full of soul - and exciting. No-one ever said that about BMW - nor can they say it about Trump Hotel Tower Toronto.

The name of the bar - "Suits". To cater for the grey boredom of nearby Bay Street. Obviously a marketing moron came up with this tosh and it shows. Very boring, very expensive for what it is - contrived and soul-less.

We went elsewhere to drink - where a good vibe and positive atmosphere pervaded. Not that far from this towering, bland, mirrored facade. The food was corporate too. Too corporate.

The acid test. I might now be senior enough to be booked into places like this, but I'd rather not. The whole place is just a little bit uncomfortable - not really sure of itself - contrived, a bit arrogant and out of place - but when you realise the chap giving his name to it, you understand why it is going to be successful, despite itself.

On my travel profile - I have now put "No Trump anywhere from now". Trump needs to inject soul. But that is impossible.

Room Tip: All are good - upper floors give a view of Toronto - not that there is much to see where Trump plonk...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank IanCar
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Quite frankly, this hotel is not receiving the press, attention, and praise it deserves - or maybe I have been out of touch. I have stayed in many of the top hotels in downtown Toronto. There are a handful that are guaranteed great stays and they are well known. So, I was skeptical about giving the Trump Hotel a chance instead of just opting for the "known quantity"; but, I am very glad I did.

From the moment we were greeted by the valet to the moment we left, we were treated in top notch style. Actually, even before having arrived, I made a few requests to accommodate a small party we were hosting in our suite prior to attending an event. The assistance by phone and email was impressive. And when we walked into our suite, everything was set up and arranged with precision.

The room left me speechless. The decor is beautiful, tasteful and elegant. The attention to detail in the room design and especially the amenities is obvious. It leaves you feeling instantly at home, welcome, and pampered. The staff are extremely warm yet professional. I felt as though any request I had, big or small, was priority #1 to them.

We hosted several couples in our suite and ordered in-room platters of cheese and cured meats as well as a few other appetizers. It was all beautifully displayed and very delicious - top quality in everything from the food to the napkins and cutlery.

We finished our stay off with breakfast on the 31st floor overlooking Toronto. The food was delicious with a beautiful view. As we were leaving, they were setting up for Sunday brunch. The display was very impressive and we are definitely making plans to return with friends and family for brunch.

I want to emphasize as well that the price is reasonable considering the level of quality in everything - the food, the service, the complimentary chocolates and the boxes they come in, the amenities, the linens and towels, the bed and the ambiance. Every dollar was well worth it.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was spacious enough to host eight people pre-party very comfortably and I felt as though I was welcoming people in my own penthouse apartment, not a hotel room.

Treat yourself and give it a try. Truly remarkable.

2 Thank Sonja T